Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Golf Carts For Multi-gun - Rent Or Byo Cart?

I am considering buying a golf cart for sporting clays and multi-gun. I have a flat-bed trailer and pick-up truck that will allow me to bring it along. Since I may go for a 4WD model, this is a major purchase. Do the Multi-Gun nationals require you to rent a golf cart, or can you bring your own?

I won't make the 2006 Multi-Gun nationals, so what about 2007 and 2008?

Thank you,

At the Sporting clays nationals as all you need to do is provide prof of insurance. I built up one with out 4WD ...but lifted a Yamaha electric = it will crawl over a tellephone pole laying on the ground. The 'EZey Go carts tip over very easy', but they are cheeper to put a lift kit on. Go for the box in the front = it makes a great place to setup your shooting gear the hight is just right to work off of.

JF B)

Edited by AlamoShooter

Hi guys,

I asked the MD about this and he tells me that you won't need golf carts for the match. They will be running shuttles for any long stretches, but you will be able to get from here to there without much bother.

Richard: we don't "require" you to rent golf carts from our vendor if we should have any. Every year is different and we move around a bit each year so it's difficult to say whether or not you'll need one from year to year. Regardless, we wouldn't require you to use our vendor at any match.

Hope that helps!

Kim Williams

USPSA

My understanding is that the roads on the range are fairly narrow in spots and that carts might add an unacceptable level of traffic/congestion. I have not seen them, but I believe a lot of the new bays are in the North Range area? I heard that it is a good ways from the rest of the range. Maybe there is someone from the club that can enlighten us as to the layout.

If it's feasible, I would like to see the option of rental carts, whether the MD feels they are needed or not. What is convenient is a personal determination, not a universal truth. My experience with mass transportation is that it is rarely going exactly where you want, when you need it. I would hate to see the match drag with folks waiting to catch the "bus".

All the bays on the north range run side by side and are all close. The road is narrow and mulitple golf carts would probably cause problems especially if parking on the north side of the road will be allowed(I'm not sure if parking will be allowed there). The main range isn't too far from the north range and is within walking distance if need be. Here's a link to the club: ARPC There have been improvements and are ongoing at this time.

Edited by walangkatapat

I've also heard that the farmer's field to the north of the North Range is going to be used for parking, and the vendor area. We have had the blackberry hedge thicket crap cut out directly across from the North Range clubhouse to give a path onto the range. Realistically, the entire North Range complex at ARPC is within 200 - 300 yards. The main range is about 400 yards from the North Range clubhouse.

Current satellite imagery on Google Maps doesn't drill down, but if you look near the intersection of Boston Mill Road where it crosses I-5, that greenish hump there is Saddle Butte, home to ARPC.

How about I go take some pics/video and post it for you all? :)

Google Map Hybrid of Shedd, OR near ARPC

• 4 weeks later...

Brian,

Thanks for posting the videos of the range. If I understood, it is 8/10's of a mile from the main range to the North Range, and the bays on the North Range extend for 1/3 of a mile or so to where the new bays are being readied? Hopefully I got that right. From what I see, there will only be parking in the field across the road to the north, and access to the field will be limited to the holes that you have cut through the bushes into the field. Looks like this will preclude parking close to individual stages.

Are the South Rifle Range and the LD Bay in another area? I didn't see those on the video, at least by name.

Can anyone confirm the status on the shuttle and what the route/schedule will be?

I didn't think it was that far from the north range to the main range(doesn't seem like it), sorry. Email Mike off his site NASS Mike has been working his arse off trying to get the range ready and he is also the clubs Executive Officer as well as the IPSC Director he'd be a good one to get the most update info from.

• 2 weeks later...
I didn't think it was that far from the north range to the main range(doesn't seem like it), sorry. Email Mike off his site NASS Mike has been working his arse off trying to get the range ready and he is also the clubs Executive Officer as well as the IPSC Director he'd be a good one to get the most update info from.

Just for the record-we will not be allowing competitors vehicles, including golf carts, 4wd's, etc on the range. We have to keep the north range road open at all times for emergency and fire vehicles. Even the staff will have to limit their parking. If you have a bonafide disability you can contact me directly and we'll discuss it but as it stands right now the only vehicles allowed on the north range road will be essential staff rigs. The shuttle will be there at all times during match hours.

Tom Chambers

tomdagadget@hotmail.com

Range Master

2006 US Multi-Gun Nationals

Brian,

Thanks for posting the videos of the range. If I understood, it is 8/10's of a mile from the main range to the North Range, and the bays on the North Range extend for 1/3 of a mile or so to where the new bays are being readied? Hopefully I got that right. From what I see, there will only be parking in the field across the road to the north, and access to the field will be limited to the holes that you have cut through the bushes into the field. Looks like this will preclude parking close to individual stages.

Are the South Rifle Range and the LD Bay in another area? I didn't see those on the video, at least by name.

Can anyone confirm the status on the shuttle and what the route/schedule will be?

Sorry, my odometer was at .8 and ticked over to .1 from the main range area gate to the N. range clubhouse.

Just for the record-we will not be allowing competitors vehicles, including golf carts, 4wd's, etc on the range. We have to keep the north range road open at all times for emergency and fire vehicles. Even the staff will have to limit their parking. If you have a bonafide disability you can contact me directly and we'll discuss it but as it stands right now the only vehicles allowed on the north range road will be essential staff rigs. The shuttle will be there at all times during match hours.

Tom Chambers

tomdagadget@hotmail.com

Range Master

2006 US Multi-Gun Nationals

Tom,

Can you provide details on the shuttle and how it will work. Unofficial reports tell of a tractor with some sort of trailer attached. Is this accurate? Is there one shuttle for 130+ competitors or will there be multiple shuttle vehicles? Since the no cart rule is being sprung on us at the 11th hour, some details as to how this is going to work would be appreciated.

Brian,

Sorry, my odometer was at .8 and ticked over to .1 from the main range area gate to the N. range clubhouse.

so r u saying it's only one tenth of a mile from the main to the north range? if it's .8, alot of shooters will be late to those stages. beginning to worry me now. :(

I read is as 3/10's of a mile (.8 to .1).

Looks like a vehicle is going to be an albatross at Albany as far as the North Range goes. Maybe even as far as any of the ranges goes.

+1 on details about the shuttle please.

I read is as 3/10's of a mile (.8 to .1).

Looks like a vehicle is going to be an albatross at Albany as far as the North Range goes. Maybe even as far as any of the ranges goes.

+1 on details about the shuttle please.

geoff-yer right...maybe we should rent a chopper. call mike dillon. seriously, what, we have 150 shooters in now what appears to be a 2 day multi-gun match where vehicular transportation for all intents and purposes will be limited. hope everybody has a heavy duty version for your 3 gun cart, cause everythings gonna have to be loaded into it for the day.

Good question Dave. How will carts, wagons, handtrucks and various other pushable carriers that weigh 100+ pounds when loaded up get onto the shuttles? Ramp, liftgate, teamsters?

Will water be available at the bays and does each bay have some kind of shade? Just trying to figure out how much gear I have to pack onto my cart to save me a trip back to my vehicle.

I should have listened to my wife and gone to gym 3 months ago, started yesterday and I'am up to 10 minutes on the treadmill.

Was doing 10-15 minutes a day on my treadmill too, but hit a wave of last minute local jobs about 3 weeks ago and have been living the weirdest schedule since the 4th. Up at 3am for a 5am call time for days, then Bam! 3 midnite loadouts in a row where I get home at 4am after dumping the truck(s) at the shop, then back at 9am to dump the gear on the floor and sort it.

The worst part of this is getting my match prep done. I have been dryfiring at the strangest times of day (3-4am) and doing my reloading watching daytime TV after sleeping off late load outs. I am trying to get out to my local range this coming Saturday to chrono check all my new ammo batches and sight and function everything. Yeah, talk about being ready ;-)

I am getting ready to head back out right now for an 11pm load-out after Smashmouth finishes entertaining a crowd of 3000 partying drug company salesfolk (a large pharmaceutical convention is in town and the staging business is slammin' this week).

Gotta go bench press a couple dozen JBL line array cabinets and a half dozen large video projectors back onto our trucks now. See ya' all at 4am again ;-)

Good question Dave. How will carts, wagons, handtrucks and various other pushable carriers that weigh 100+ pounds when loaded up get onto the shuttles? Ramp, liftgate, teamsters?

Teamsters. :D Hopefully Tom will chime in.

Edited by walangkatapat

Teamsters. :D Hopefully Tom will chime in.

Here are some answers to those questions I haven't responded to.

There is only one shuttle rig. But: Stages 2 through 7 are cheek to jowl to each other. Stages 8-11 are just a little further on but they are also right next to each other. Stage 12 is about 100-150 yards from stage 11. Stages 1 and 2 are next to each other but are about a 1/4 mile from Stage 3. I see the shuttle being used the most by the folks coming and going from 1 and 2, and also 12. The trailer is low enough that most won't have any problems putting their wagons or carts on it and I'm sure that others in the squad will help-if you haven't pissed them off.

There are shade structures on Stages 2 and 8-12. Stage 1 and stages 3-7 actually have 3 sided pole barns on them with concrete floors, benches, and tables.

Water will be available on every stage. There will be a food vendor on the range every day. No Ben and Jerry's, though.

I'm driving down to Albany this morning for set up and will be there through the match. I'm hoping that the hotel has wi-fi. If so, I'll try to respond to stuff in the evenings, provided that I'm still functional. If no wi-fi, I'll get someone to post for me but it might take a day or two.

Tom Chambers

Range Master

US Multi Gun Nationals

geoff-it'll work...we have 3-8 the first day, and even if 8 is up the road, that's s/g only, so only 1 gun. the hump is gonna be from 12 to 1 after lunch saturday. sunday, that's cool-show up with 8 rounds and some gun for greg to play with then hit the road.