Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

If You Could Have Only One...

This is an old subject and in part a gun owner's old cliché, but let's see what you folks have to say about it.

If you could have only one handgun, what would it be? Edited to add: AND WHY?

I think mine would be a STI 2011 in 40S&W, fixed sights, bushing barrel, classic scalloped slide and maybe (not sure about this) commander length, add a light rail, please.

I'd be able to play the practical pistol games, it wouldn't be impossible to carry and I'd be able to kill at least an armadillo if pushed to provide meat for the family table. ;)

Bring it!

B)

Edited by Nemo

Without a doubt, my Rusty Kidd built .38 SuperComp "Pit Viper" racegun. It'll do just about anything (including hit things at 200 yards, if required...)

If you could have only one handgun, what would it be?

Is there some sort of new legislation pending in CA, IL, NY, Canada, etc., that prompted such a question? :)

David, David, David..... :D:lol::D

Kinda stuck my toe on that "no politics" line . . . I'm ashamed of myself. :wacko:

Great question Nemo....

I can come up with a good explanation for revolver or semi-automatic in any caliber from .22 to .45 depending upon the situation.

Before I pick one I have a couple of questions:

1. May I also have a rifle?

2. Is all right with the world or am I faced with total political, economic and social breakdown?

(it's not Total yet wise guy!) :P

Is my one handgun for playing games or keeping me fat and happy?

Is there some sort of new legislation pending in CA, IL, NY, Canada, etc., that prompted such a question? :)

I don't know, Dball... I'm in the Gunshine State! ;)

Great question Nemo....

Thanx Dale!

I can come up with a good explanation for revolver or semi-automatic in any caliber from .22 to .45 depending upon the situation.

I bet you can... ;)

Before I pick one I have a couple of questions:

1. May I also have a rifle?

2. Is all right with the world or am I faced with total political, economic and social breakdown?

(it's not Total yet wise guy!) :P

Is my one handgun for playing games or keeping me fat and happy?

1. You can have as many rifles as you want. Just one Handgun.

2. No socio-economic breakdown needed, but enlighten us if you feel like it.

3. The one that would fit most all your handgun needs.

Sorry if the question made anybody sweat...

:lol:

Amazed that almost everyone so far picked a "big" gun. He said only one handgun-so for me, it is a choice between one I love to shoot and one I can always, under all circumstances, in all types of clothing from light jackets to shorts/T-shirt (Florida weather)

carry on me. Don't want it in a bag, in my car, in my purse (well, okay, I don't have one yet), I want it on me.

The gun that best fulfills these requirements is a Smith & Wesson Model 38. Small, light, can handle +Ps, snake shot, wadcutters, frangibles, and best of all-it ALWAYS works.

Bob

Glock 17

1) You can play so many games with it

2) Cheap to feed

3) Reliable and cheap parts

I like Björn's answer.

Let's add this to the game:

Why did you pick that one gun?

Ruger GP 101, 4" barrel

Yes folks, my one and only would be a revolver. :)

Hmmm... Interesting... <_<

Why?

A 22 is by far the cheapest to shoot. Carry a thousand rounds in a coat pocket. Accurate, quite and a decent gun will last forever. You can probably buy ammo for a 22 in more places than any other single type of weapon. Bang for the buck and the fun factor makes it second to none. You say we could have rifles aplenty but just one handgun. If you have a rifle you would not need anything else for self defence.

I like the idea of an STI hi-cap .40. I can reload, so ammo cost is not a significant factor. I can use it to plink, it's competitive in USPSA matches in Limited and L-10 (even if I'm not), and being a hi-cap .40 it's useful for carry and defense.

I am almost there :angry: I hope it doesn't go that far though.

But the one I will never part with is my S&W 66-1 4". I can shoot it, conceal it, reload for it, and it has served me well all these years. No game I can't participate in with it except 22 Gallery.

But what will I do with all that 357SIG and 45 brass???????

Regards,

Hmmm... Interesting... <_<

Why?

Can shoot .38 and .357, can stop a human or a feed a human, is easy to operate and scares the crap out of people when they see it! It's also extremely reliable and doesn't need a bunch of "accessories" to operate.