Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Indian Jone Inspired Stage (just For Fun)

mcb

So I was watching Indiana Jones, Raider of the Lost Ark Saturday evening and then we had a very short 6 round stage this morning at a local match that I liked and I was inspired to create the following stage. I'm sure a 1 round stage breaks some guidelines but I could not find a specific rule in the rule book. Obviously since its a one round stage everyone probably already guess that it is inspire by the scenes where Indy shoots the swordsman. None the less here we go:

http://my.stratos.net/~thedump/practical/indiana.gif

So what do you think? Just for fun.

mcb

stingerjg, I like the idea of requiring point shooting without use of sights but I wasn't sure how to right that into the stage in a safe way.

I would like to do one on the bath tub scene from The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly just before Tuco says:

http://www.wavlist.com/movies/193/tgbu-donttalk.wav

Probably more appropriate for a SASS match rather than USPSA.

Last Man Standing would be a good movie the opening scene jumps to mind but dual wielding 1911's in shoulder rigs is a no-no by the rules. Might have to watch that one again for other inspiration.

mcb

Edited by mcb

So I was watching Indiana Jones, Raider of the Lost Ark...

You obviously saw the original, not the new versions where IJ is not to be seen shooting down some poor defenseless person, never mind that he was about seven feet tall and swinging a 5 foot scimitar (similarly, the original Star Wars scene where Han Solo shoots first in the cantina was redone to show the bounty hunter shooting first (and missing at across table top range).

PC pratfalls and pitfalls

I must be warped.

When I saw the title of this thread I had visions of running through a stage with a giant boulder bearing down from behind.

Golden idol in one hand, STI blazing in the other. :lol::lol:

Tony

I must be warped.

When I saw the title of this thread I had visions of running through a stage with a giant boulder bearing down from behind.

Golden idol in one hand, STI blazing in the other. :lol::lol:

Tony

Don't feel bad, the boulder scene was the very first thing I thought about myself.

Edited by Cjblackmon

• 7 months later...