Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Beretta Px-4 Storm

Mousekiller

Has anyone used or shot this yet ? I handled one in the store today and it was pretty nice.. The DAO was long but pretty soft.. Pointed nice and overall felt pretty nice, comes with the multiple grip inserts like the M&P...

Only thing I didn't really know much about was the rotating barrel lockup.. any issue's ? work good ? etc.. Nor have i seen anything accuracy wise etc..

Sights were nice.. and you could change the front out if you want ... comes in two flavors

The manual safety/hammer decocking lever (model F) and the hammer decocking lever (model G) is positioned on both sides of the slide for easy access by all shooters. The model G decocking lever can be replaced with a low profile (stealth) configuration to further reduce the overall dimensions of the slide

So.. don't know which would be preffered... the one i handled was the type F..

Thanks.

Jeff.

PS: you can see it here : http://www.px4storm.com/index.aspx?m=53&did=55

Gun works really well actually. I don't like the slightly shorter sight raidus as much. but you can put a novak on the rear from a standard brigadier model.

I own one and shot it for a few months. now the parts seem to be more available for it. YOu can change between G and F models with just a safety. which is pretty easy to swap and details can be found on the web.

I preferred low profile everything. less to snag and don'tr eally need it for anything during shooting.... with the normal slide release i would push up on it with my weak hand.

My impressions are that it's a fast reloading gun just add skate tape, trigger job and your ready to run. I actually still have mine i plan to sell in the future.

Thanks Steve, I was looking for the M&P and saw this and picked it up, not bad, never had a Beretta and i also picked up a 92 and it was nice also, but about 200 more...

I did get to handle a M&P in .40.. but i want a 9mm.. I liked the trigger on the M&P... :) Seemed even lighter then the 3.5# on my glock that's polished...

Who would be able to do a trigger job on the Beretta ? any reputable smith ? or someone special ?.. Would be nice to shorten it up a little on the DA pull..

I think the M&P was a tad more expensive, and the storm was $499..

Have not seen one at a competition yet from any production shooter... supringly i think, seems like a nice weapon..

Thanks.. anyone else ?.

Jeff.

Mousekiller,

here in Italy there is a top Production shooter, Giovanni Zuccolo, member of Italian PD team at last Europeans and WS, who shot the whole last year league with a PX-4.

Although I have never hadlet it, I think I can sum up his thoughts on that one.

In the end he likes it a lot. Being a Beretta sponsored shooter, and former user of 92 model, he says that the PX-4 has almost no muzzle rise at all when compared to the 92, and the gun sits and point in his hands (medium-sized hands, for the records) definitely better.

I'm really surprised i've not seen one at a match yet.. really seems like a nice weapon... Thanks for the info fella's.. I'm looking at both the Px-4 and the M&P, kind of like the press on the M&P and the one i handled was nice.. Just intrigued by the PX-4 though.. hmm tough decision coming up.. hmmm..

Thanks again.

Jeff

Jeff -

I have the PX 4 and I love it. It's probably the most accurate out-of-the-box shooter I've handled. I need to get a holster for mine so I can use it in a production match. Unfortunately BladeTech is still running about 5 weeks delivery time!

I did order the stealth controls from David and installed them. I definitely prefer the G-model (personal preference on any of my guns). Installation was easy and the controls are definitely less pronounced.

I really didn't mind the take up on the trigger -- although I tend to be a little insensitive to that anyway. The trigger itself is pretty crisp.

I've been in and out a lot, but if I can make it to a match at Shooters' I'll bring it along. I had a buddy try it last week down in Norfolk and he fell in love with it instantly!

Hope this helps,

Jim

• 4 months later...

I just picked up one today. I am really impressed with it so far. I will get it out to the range for some testing. I need to hunt down a holster for it. I was going to buy a new gun for production, but got this in a raffle. It came with night sights, so I am thinking of using it as a carry gun also.

Anyone know where to get a holster for this thing?

Mike

I just picked up one today. I am really impressed with it so far. I will get it out to the range for some testing. I need to hunt down a holster for it. I was going to buy a new gun for production, but got this in a raffle. It came with night sights, so I am thinking of using it as a carry gun also.

Anyone know where to get a holster for this thing?

Mike

Got it in a raffle.. geez.. there could be one prize and one winner and i'd be the only person in the drawing and i wouldn't win the dang prize.. lol... :P

I can't even think of how many raffle tickets i've bought.. So let me know how you like it.. i'm still in the hunt for a 9mm.. Also i think most of the major kydex suppliers have the PX4 holsters.. Try bladetck.. or Sidearmor..

Jeff.

Best $10 I have spent in a while. I have tried several sites for holsters and don't see one listed.

Mike

Try http://www.comp-tac.com/.. they have one listed.

after looking have not found any others that list any.. thought i had seen an add for one of the other big kydex holster makers.. but that's at least one.

jeff.