Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&w 625 And .45gap

wheel-gunner

Rolff, is that you? ;)

Yes it is perfectly legal to do. But I do not think it will give you any real advantages ;)

hi bjöen

jes I am it :ph34r:

the rules is 9mm diameter and 19mm long

and the brass is 18.89 and not permitted

ont spruiten u nu revolver of wat

WHEEL-Gunner

Rolff, is that you? ;)

Yes it is perfectly legal to do. But I do not think it will give you any real advantages ;)

hi bjöen

WHEEL-Gunner

Hi Wheelie,

just cut the 45ACP cases to 19,01 and you´re fine.... ;)

Dietmar has done some Ransom testing with Guenthers cut .45´s - the result was a much tighter group than with the often used 45 ACP loads (N320, H&N etc.) If you want to, I can ask him the diameter of the compared loads/groups.

DVC!

Sascha

Rolff, is that you? ;)

hi bjöen

WHEEL-Gunner

A good question ... However I believe the 19mm measurement applies only to 9mm. (Hence one cannot use a 9mm Kurz (.380 auto). I don't believe the 19mm restriction applies to larger calibers, though I could be mistaken.

Bjöen: I know a couple of folks who have tried the 45 GAP in their 625 and there seems to be some slight advantage in reloads ... The empties seem to clear the chambers just a little sooner. I'm not sure it's quite worth the extra cost of the brass, IMHO!

Why not? Shorter case, more efficient burn for small charges of fast burining powder. Shorter case to dump out of the cylinder.

My load of 3.8gr Clays under a Precision 230gr bullet gets a 170PF.

I have played with them and they are a dream to load into the cylinder. The only drawback I can find is that they don't fit securely in the moon clip. Sometimes you leave a bullet hanging on the belt holder. :lol:

FWIW

dj

I have founf that the RIMZ clips hold them real well as do new Ranch metal clips. I stress the NEW.

As for the small primer, I have one press for large and one for small so it really doesn't make a difference. Right now I am loading the GAP on my RCBS Junior.

Regards,