Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Survived One Semester

eric nielsen

I wouldn't call those grades "survival" :P

Awesome job! Keep it up!

I am in the same situation :) It's hard, but kind of fun at the same time. At least it is something that will make us smile when we are old ;)

Edited by spook

Congrats!

It can be done, my wife graduates from med school in mere days. She went back two years after receiving a BS in Nutrition to take the undergrad math/science prerequsites in order to apply.

Great job, Eric. Been there, done that.

The best grades I ever earned was when I was working midnight to 7 AM, 7 days a week and taking 23 credit hours. I would average about 4-6 hours of sleep between 10:30 PM on Sunday and 4 PM on Thursday. :blink: I think I had a 3.5 gpa that semester. I wasn't taking slack classes either - graduate level plant pathology and entomology classes. :P

Would I do it again? No, not that that severe. I wasn't right after that (and I'm still not.)

Great job, Eric. I'll spare you my stories of undergrad and graduate school at USF. Have taught as Adjunct at SPC's Police Academy for years.

What gun shops do you frequent here in TampaBay and where do you shoot in your "spare" time?

Bob

Just about never in a gun shop but I've made it out to Wyoming Antelope Club a few times this year for Friday nite fun shoots.

Love to go to the open nationals or Area 6 but that's just not gonna happen till 2008. Kindof a shame 'cus I just figured out what I've been doing wrong on moving&shooting - now when I practice the new way I laugh myself silly because it's so much better.

Awesome job! Keep it up!

I am in the same situation :) It's hard, but kind of fun at the same time. At least it is something that will make us smile when we are old ;)

How rude - what about us old people going through it too :rolleyes:

Excellent!!

Sadly my own academic career saw lots of Charlies. LOTS. But that was 20 years ago.

My wife recently went back, and got her PharmD, while working full-time. I took one look at her homework, early into this, and had to hide.

Although, I pointed out -- if she had questions about whether it was beer first, then liquor, or liquor THEN beer, I was her man. In addition to any subjective evaluations of pharmaceutical effects. :)

Good job!

I worked my way through both undergrad and grad school working full-time and more. It certainly teaches you some good time management skills and how to focus to get a project done.

I was thinking the other day of going back for my PhD or EdD. Then I realized I had a fever and went home sick and stayed in bed until the feeling left.

Keep up the good work!

Awesome job! Keep it up!

How rude - what about us old people going through it too :rolleyes:

Well, it will make you smile when you are even older! :D:P;)

Nah, just kidding. I have tons of respect for people who pick up educations at a later time during their lives.

All y'all keep it up now y'hear! B)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all.

This semester all my classes are 3 minutes from my house, which I like.

Also, my new lab partner Sarah is the girlfriend of my lab partner from LAST semester. We didn't figure that out until midway thru the lecture class afterwards.

Kind of humorous I suppose. I think she's smarter than him now that I think of it.