Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Us Mult-gun Round Counts And Stage Info

This might be a good time to fill in some of the blanks about round counts and such at the Mult-Gun this year.

The minimum amount needed will be:

Rifle-151 rounds

Pistol-92 rounds

Shotshells-80 rounds

Shotgun Slugs-26 rounds

That's a total of 349 rounds. It may go up or down a little bit but this should be pretty close to what you will see at the match.

There's 12 stages, 3 rifle only, 1 pistol only, 3 shotgun only, 2 will have all three guns, and there'll be one each of Pistol/Rifle, Shotgun/Rifle, and Shotgun/Pistol. Stage round counts will be from 40 to 18, with eight stages having 30 or more rounds.

For those who have shot the Area 1 3 Gun you'll see some of the same props that have been used for that match. There'll be a tank, helicopter, plane, bus, roofs, etc (all wood stuff-sorry!) for you to play on, in , and around. Mike McCarter and I pulled all of our stuff off of the Bend range and the dedicated Albany crew is refurbishing and remodelling all of it at a rapid pace so it'll be all shiny and new looking for the match.

Action Targets is sponsoring one of the stages and we'll have a good representation of their steel targets on that stage. There'll be the usual bunch of movers and swingers, flashers, and other steel stuff to shoot at. Heck, you'll even get to throw a hand grenade on one of the stages(dummy grenade).

If you haven't signed up for the match better get on it. Everett and I are planning on having one of the best Mult-Gun matches ever.

Tom Chambers

Range Master

US Mult-Gun Nationals

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the "Rifle Ramps"? I hope he brought em'!!! :-0

The ramps are alive and well. They will be part of a rifle stage(where else?) for your shooting, ah, enjoyment.

Tom Chambers

"split level", right? i think i got 4th on that stage last year. i made one of those to practice with-good job, tom....

You got 4th by a hair there ;-)

4 Butch ******** 55 M Open 120 0 89.44 1.3417 100.9746 84.15%

5 Geoffrey ****** 51 B Open 120 0 89.49 1.3409 100.9144 84.10%

yea, and i zeroed a pistol stage with a squib, ended up 5th overall...coulda been somebody...

It was a hard luck match fer' sure. I got to the swingers on the CQ rifle stage just as my rifle turned into a club with a case head jammed in the bolt face (on a brass chip as it turned out) ;-/

Ah well, it was fun anyway ;-)

Tom,

Are we going to have some "real" rifle shots on stage(s) [note plural]. I'll give you an example from the best 3-Gun match I ever attended, the '04 SMM3G. The rifle only stages were either all CQ stuff or a great combination. In one case, that unfortunately got thrown out, you fired at targets out to around 275/300, then ran about 50 yards engaging close targets along the way and then repositioned for re-engaging the same Larue's after a little warmed up from the run and the rifle being a little warm too. I'm probably not doing this stage justice but it's something we had.

Too, we had a 3-Gun stage where you started with your pistol, transitioned to your shotgun. Ditched the shotgun after running up this hill, jumping into a bunker/tank and then firing at 7 flashers and Larue's. Pretty sweet. The Larue's were anywhere from 150-225 and the flashers were out at 280/300-ish. I was squadded with Everett and Lawman, so they could be a good resource for these stages.

The '04 US3GN had some decent rifle stages too. The rifle/pistol stage in the airplane (I think) was pretty nice. The rifle only target way off on the right hand side was a good challenger too. I don't remember too much from this match though. Side effects of RO duty. :lol:

Anyways, just curious as to what we can expect. Too what in the way of shotgun stages (i.e. how long are the slug shots, moving slug targets, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Edited by uscbigdawg

Tom,

Are we going to have some "real" rifle shots on stage(s) [note plural]. I'll give you an example from the best 3-Gun match I ever attended, the '04 SMM3G. The rifle only stages were either all CQ stuff or a great combination. In one case, that unfortunately got thrown out, you fired at targets out to around 275/300, then ran about 50 yards engaging close targets along the way and then repositioned for re-engaging the same Larue's after a little warmed up from the run and the rifle being a little warm too. I'm probably not doing this stage justice but it's something we had.

Too, we had a 3-Gun stage where you started with your pistol, transitioned to your shotgun. Ditched the shotgun after running up this hill, jumping into a bunker/tank and then firing at 7 flashers and Larue's. Pretty sweet. The Larue's were anywhere from 150-225 and the flashers were out at 280/300-ish. I was squadded with Everett and Lawman, so they could be a good resource for these stages.

The '04 US3GN had some decent rifle stages too. The rifle/pistol stage in the airplane (I think) was pretty nice. The rifle only target way off on the right hand side was a good challenger too. I don't remember too much from this match though. Side effects of RO duty. :lol:

Anyways, just curious as to what we can expect. Too what in the way of shotgun stages (i.e. how long are the slug shots, moving slug targets, etc.).

Thanks in advance.

Rich

Rich,

Everett, Chuck(Lawman) and I were at the '04 & '05 SMM3G, and Chuck and I did this year's SMM3G. I remember the '04 multi-gun bunker stage well.

The '06 US Multi-gun stages should be up on the USPSA's website early this week (5/15-19) if all goes well. They are making a valiant attempt to 'pretty up' my designs for public consumption.

I walked over the final plans today with the Albany Club Rep for the long range stage. We should be able to get 350 yards for this during the Multi-Gun and eke out 430+ yards for the MOR. For those looking at using smaller calibers (223) for the MOR better be prepared since the flash style targets will be a touch heavy for lighter bullets at 400 yards.

Besides the long range rifle stage we will have 2 stages, one rifle only, the other a three gun stage, with targets out to 210+ yards. We will have slugs out to 50-70yds using either flash poppers or flash circles. In all we will have around 37 flash rifle/shotgun targets at the match.

There will some CQB with the rifle for those who like that sort of stuff (I do) and enough 'tough' shots to make you work for the shot. I've always liked what I call "change up" style stages, to borrow a baseball term, so don't expect any kind of a hose fest on any particular stage. Round counts will be high for the match, with over 350 rounds divvied up over 12 stages.

Robbie Wright of R&R Racing/RAMW Manufacturing will be supplying the flash targets and he has offered those that we use at the match to competitors at substantial discount. I believe he said $295 for some of the best and most fool-proof resetters I 've worked with. Robbie has done this for our Area 1 3 Gun matches that Mike McCarter and I put in Bend the last 4 years and I can't think of any significant problems with them.

Robbie's flashers and other targets have been used at the USPSA National 3 Gun Matches for several years and were featured on at least one stage this year at SMM3G.

If you haven't signed up the The Us Multi-Gun I believe the price goes up sometime this month. Better be getting you application in.

Stay tuned to hear when the stage designs hit the web site.

Tom Chambers

Rangmaster

2006 US Multi-Gun Nationals

Hmm... Stage 6 with the flippers. Why are the flipper clays only worth 5 points?

I know I'm digging up and beating up the cadaver of a long dead horse.

But the whole point in the new set of rules with the extended scoring was to make the flying clays worth engaging.

At 5 points and the fact that they are considered disappearing targets will almost likely make those flipper clays sucker targets.

They should at least give them the 10 points that are allowable with the new rules.

Even at 10 I think they will be sucker targets. (Smack! as I hit the dead horse.)

But at 10 points we will at least have a national level stage as a data point for any changes in the rules that we may have in the future.

As is we will be wasting a lot of clay birds up in Albany.

I did it a bit difffernt' there. I used no bipod and a thirty round mag on the steep ramp. I jammed the whole thing forward until the mag sat down and stabilized the rifle. When I went to the shallow ramp, I dumped the 30 and used a 20 rounder the same way.

I will have to re-think that now that there is a ground level port. A bipod may be very useful at that port. HMMMM!

I did it a bit difffernt' there. I used no bipod and a thirty round mag on the steep ramp. I jammed the whole thing forward until the mag sat down and stabilized the rifle. When I went to the shallow ramp, I dumped the 30 and used a 20 rounder the same way.

I will have to re-think that now that there is a ground level port. A bipod may be very useful at that port. HMMMM!

beta mag did great with the low port w/bipod deployed...

What low port, where? There were only the two ramps at Area 1 on that rifle stage.

Are you talking about stage 10 at the 2005 Multigun Nats?

What low port, where? There were only the two ramps at Area 1 on that rifle stage.

Are you talking about stage 10 at the 2005 Multigun Nats?

meant the low ramp...

• 3 weeks later...
Looking at the stages again... they kick ass. Good job Mr. Chambers.

Anybody know how windy the range gets? According to the stage description there's supposed to be at least 3 (up to) 360 yard shots.

The range doesn't get a huge amount of wind in the summer. Not like Bend, at least, but it could get a little bit breezy in the afternoons

Tom Chambers

• 4 weeks later...