Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cr Speed Versa Pouches Good For L-10 Single Stack Mags?

Eager

I swear I read somewhere that CR Speed Versa Pouches are great for single stack 1911 mags. So I ordered two. Now they're here and I'm not sure if they're what I want. They definately look like double stack pouches. Did I screw up? Should I send these back and get some other pouches for my 10rd single stack, .45, 1911 mags?

I also got one dual Comp-Tac pouch (for SS 1911) and it looks like it'll work, except there's very little actual pouch. It's like a little tiny cup thing. Less is more I guess huh? and it looks like they might flop out if my belt is loose at all. I wonder if the IDPA versions would have been better?

Anyway, can I use these CR Speed pouches? I'm begining to dislike all this "required" gear.

Edited by Eager

They work perfectly, there is another post with a picture if you can find it. Basically, use the Glock insert and instead of putting the little tab in the tension screw, roate it so it is sticking straight up. That traps the mag and puts it out aways from your body.

Edited by Loves2Shoot

Eager,

Only 2???

Yeah, I seem to be broke all the time. I dunno, it must be going out the exhaust pipe of my truck as gas money.

OK I won't send them back buth rather will go ahead and see if I can rig them up. I got them from Shooter's Connection. They list the following about them:

...we Now supply all Versa-Pouches with Versa-Pouch Adjusters as Standard!

Is this the adjuster I need for SS 1911 mags?

They also list:

Supplied with Inserts to fit. Hi - Cap Mags "Para, STI, Bul, SV Kimber etc." 9mm Box Mags "Popular 9mm & 40 Double Stack Mags incl. CZ, Browning, Beretta 92, Tanfoglio etc." Glock "all Small Frame Glock Mags, Excluding 45 acp & 10mm auto.

Does the part "Excluding 45 acp & 10mm auto" mean they don't come with the extra doohicky that I need? (for my SS 1911 mags that is).

Try here

pics are closer to the end of the post.

typing in "CR speed" doesn't produce the desired results.

typing in "mag pouches" produced a whole gaggle of results but there you go.

Edited by yoshidaex

There should have been an instruction sheet with each versa pouch. It provides instructions for SS mags. Did you receive these with your pouches?

I have three of them and really like them for my SS mags. If you don't like them, PM me and maybe we can work something out.

you get 3 inserts w/ each pouch. the flat one for sti/svi mags, one marked cz/beretta ( thinner of the 2 L shaped ones) and the last is marked GK for glock. i used the cz beretta insert w/ the 90 degree bend on top and it worked perfectly! its great because it keeps the mag as far from your body as possible. the cr speeds are great pouches and pretty damn versatile. you can make them work w/ almost any mag. in fact, i cut the 90 degree bend off the GK insert and now they work for my xd mags!

I tried the CR Speed pouches and while I didn't care for them for double stack mags, I really don't like them for SS mags. I use the pair I bought for barney mags on my 2 Limited rigs. Of course I've never been big on the all-in-one approach to equipment.

Go with 773s and be happy. I bought 5 of them for my wife's L-10 rig and they are perfect. Just like the 773s I use for my Glock and Para.