Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sv Interchangeable Trigger Q

RAZZ

I find that I am able to change inserts while the trigger is in the gun by screwing the overtravel screw in - to the point where the overtravel screw is completely beneath the insert. Of course, you have to be sure you back it out the correct amount.

you can usually remove the insert by taking out the mag catch then turning the overtravel screw in far enough to push the insert out then install the new one and then turn the overtravel screw counter clockwise, put the mag catch back in and readjust your overtravel to it's original setting. if the overtravel screw seems like it turns too easy, put a bit of blue loctite on it before readjusting it so it stays in adjustment. ;)

I have 5 pistols with the interchangeable triggers and can change them all without removing them from the gun, as Dan says.

If you remove the trigger bow you have a greater potential to break the unsupported bow by using too much pressure to remove/install the new insert. If you leave the bow in the gun, you are applying force the the grip and the bow is spared the majority of the pressure.

if the takeup adjustment tab is keeping the trigger too far back to get the insert in or out then just take the slide off the gun and take out the mag catch, removing the mag catch will allow you to pull the trigger back far enough to reach in from the top with a pick or small screwdriver and bend the tab on the trigger bow back towards the rear of the frame which will allow the trigger to go forward far enough to get the insert out. to get the insert out, go back to my previous post in this thread for instructions.