Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Manny Bragg's Class

DougCarden

The title said it all! :):):)

As an instructor I have to say that I learned a ton of good information and was surprised at all the mistakes I was making that I didnt realize.... :huh::lol:;)

I now have a good foundation to grow from and by using the drills from Manny gave us I am gonna have a good year!

Thanks to all that were in the class and of course to Manny. I sure appreciate it!

If you have the opportunity to take a class from him do not hesitate~!

Doug Carden

Edited by DougC

I shoulda started this thread after last weekend at Frank's place.

I had a blast and it was humbling. :unsure:

Manny's a great guy, great shooter and a great instructor. to find all three in one place is rare. The after action critique was worth the cost of the course alone.

As my boss used to say "instruction is a performance art".

Hell, I'm going to buy an airsoft just so I have a cheap way to retrain my trigger finger. :rolleyes:

I agree I took a class with Manny several months ago and I got more from him in 2 days than I have received in 16 years of law enforcement and numerous firearms courses.

Keep up the good work Manny,

Robbie

The title said it all! :):):)

I now have a good foundation to grow from and by using the drills from Manny gave us I am gonna have a good year!

Thanks to all that were in the class and of course to Manny. I sure appreciate it!

If you have the opportunity to take a class from him do not hesitate~!

Doug Carden

I also took the class. As a newer shooter I was not sure it would be worth the money/rounds. I was wrong. Watching Manny take an A shooter through a drill and cut 50% off the time with no sacrifice to accuracy, and then having the same done to me was one of many highlights. Of course my time was still slower, but having the drills and more importantly the thought process behind the drills gives me plenty to focus on in the future. Manny also has a great ability to "see" what you are doing, seeing if your front sight really settled before the shot or did it settle before you left to the next. Impressive.

My 13-year-old son Sam was also fortunate enough to be in this class, and it was a 100% positive experience for him. I was unable to attend due to other family commitments, but from what I saw when I arrived to pick up Sam yesterday afternoon, everybody in the class was having a great time. (Even DougC with his sore hand!) :)

Those of you who have teenagers know it's not always easy to connect with them. Emanuel Bragg is obviously really good at it. Sam talked about everything he learned all the way home, and even after burning through at least 1,500 rounds over the past two days the first thing Sam wanted to do when he got home from school today was go outside and shoot! That's about as high a compliment to Manny's class as I can imagine!

I can highly recommend EB and his Missouri Shooting Academy LLC to everyone, and particularly to those with younger shooters. And thanks to everybody in the class for helping Sam out and treating him like one of the guys. He had a great weekend!!

Here's a few pictures:

post-4033-1144734259.jpg

post-4033-1144734347.jpg

post-4033-1144734413.jpg

Edited by Carmoney

My 13-year-old son Sam was also fortunate enough to be in this class, and it was a 100% positive experience for him. I was unable to attend due to other family commitments, but from what I saw when I arrived to pick up Sam yesterday afternoon, everybody in the class was having a great time. (Even DougC with his sore hand!) :)

Those of you who have teenagers know it's not always easy to connect with them. Emmanuel Bragg is obviously really good at it. Sam talked about everything he learned all the way home, and even after burning through at least 1,500 rounds over the past two days the first thing Sam wanted to do when he got home from school today was go outside and shoot! That's about as high a compliment to Manny's class as I can imagine!

I can highly recommend EB and his Missouri Shooting Academy LLC to everyone, and particularly to those with younger shooters. And thanks to everybody in the class for helping Sam out and treating him like one of the guys. He had a great weekend!!

Here's a few pictures:

Good Lord! Is that a, dare I say it, a Glock in Sam's hands? It can't be. Must be a fuzzy optical illusion caused by the small, old computer screen here at work.

Edited by Keith

Good Lord! Is that a, dare I say it, a Glock in Sam's hands? It can't be. Must be a fuzzy optical illusion caused by the small, old computer screen here at work.

Of course it's not a Glock, it's the Armscor budget limited gun (para clone) which DougC has nicknamed the "Filipino Fantom." 21+1 rounds of .40 caliber fun.

Glock. You should know better than that, Keith.....(sigh).

;)

I won't say what he was shooting. I can tell you that Sam broke a guide rod, firing pin and had a bunch of problems chambering rounds. He switched to his revolver for part of the second day in fustration. He sounded like a 70 year old retired cop going on about how wheel guns always work blah blah. He would have been better off with a glock :D Reliability-wise anyway.

Of course it's not a Glock, it's the Armscor budget limited gun (para clone) which DougC has nicknamed the "Filipino Fantom." 21+1 rounds of .40 caliber fun.

Glock. You should know better than that, Keith.....(sigh).

;)

:lol: Yeah. I didn't think you'd let one of those things in your house. In this tiny computer screen it just looks square and black. I guess the shiny silver mag on his belt should have been a tip off. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm off to the eye doctor. :huh:

I won't say what he was shooting. I can tell you that Sam broke a guide rod, firing pin and had a bunch of problems chambering rounds. He switched to his revolver for part of the second day in fustration. He sounded like a 70 year old retired cop going on about how wheel guns always work blah blah. He would have been better off with a glock :D Reliability-wise anyway.

Hell, it's always worked just fine for me....these dang kids just don't know how to take care of stuff, that's all. ;)

does manny have a website with class information?

Here you go:

Universal Shooting Academy is proud to announce that Emanuel Bragg will be the new Director of Training. Mr. Bragg is ranked one of the best shooters in the country and will bring a great deal of expertise to our training program. The 2006 class schedule will consist of 2-day weekend format taught by Emanuel Bragg . Tuition will be $395 per student. Each student will need 2000 rounds of ammunition for this course. The dates are as follows,

April 1-2

May 27-28

June 24-25

July 1-2

Aug 5-6

Sept 23-24

If any of these dates will work for you, Please fill out the registration form on our web site www.universalshootingacademy.com and Mail or FAX it in with a $100 deposit. This will reserve your slot. Class slots are limited. Thanks for your interest in our program.

Thanks

Frank Garcia

Doug,

Thanks for coordinating our training with Emanuel and letting all of us that attended know about it. Most of the local shooters here don't have the time or resources for this caliber of training. You and Emanuel made this happen and in the process you gave a lot to the local guys who may never get an opportunity like this again. You've earned a lot of heart felt respect and appreciation. Thank you.

Ian

• 2 weeks later...
I'm signed up for some classes Manny will be teaching here in Houston, and I can't wait!

I just finished Manny's class here in Houston and it was great. He's a very good teacher and a very good shooter. I plan to take 6 months off and then take the class again. The skill sets taught apply to all levels of shooters.