Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

38 Sc And Dillon 650 Question

My friend is getting a new Open gun in 38 Super Comp. He presently loads on a 650 for 38 Super. When he switches does he keep the same setup, or does he need to get a different shell plate, locator buttons, etc.

Can you let me know what he needs to do and I will pass it on. Thanks much.

Edited by nhglyn

:rolleyes:

My friend is getting a new Open gun in 38 Super Comp. He presently loads on a 650 for 38 Super. When he switches does he keep the same setup, or does he need to get a different shell plate, locator buttons, etc.

Can you let me know what he needs to do and I will pass it on. Thanks much.

:rolleyes: dillon says a .223 shell plate.

the reg sell plate will work = but I do not like it. If you use the one for 223 and #3 buttons it will "reject" reg supper sells at the first station = as the reg 38 supper will not go into a 223 sell plate. like the 38super comp.

get the TJ brass ( plenty) of room for the extractor claw, and the base will not bulg out .

But I may not know nothing B)

Edited by AlamoShooter

What AlamoShooter says.. get the .223 plate; it'll reject rimmed cases and be a lot tighter than trying to run rimless in the rimmed plate.

You can use the Super plate, but it will be a rattly fit. In a pinch, drop a loop of coathanger wire around outside the Super shellplate to hold them better.

TJ brass is a better design than SC, but the difference is small (and getting smaller-- later batches of SC look to be moving in a TJ-like direction)

I have had similar problems with 38sc brass and 223 shell plate, the shell plate was to tight for 38sc brass.

I use 9mm shell plate now, it is a bit loos but it is ok

Will TJ brass be better?

I have no other problems reloading..

Are there any differences then the rimm?

I load 38 SC and TJ from Starline...all is required is the .223 shellplate same locators button......

It does reject all Super brass and that is fine by me ;) it doesn't happen often but the odd one after indoor match...I'm sure the 38 Super shooter like taking there Resizer die apart with one of my cases stuck in it :)