Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

So Whats Everyone Take On "kong"

I can't believe Hollywood these days.. making this one again, for the 3rd time.. just because they think they have better special effects?

There's no imagination left... making 60's sitcoms into movies?

Cartoons into movies?

Don't even get me started on the 3rd version of the Possiden adventure..

Besides that, I have no opinion.

There's no imagination left...

I don't think it's so bad ... unless people remain ignorant of the history.

All things timeless are recycled.

The young think it's new ... the wise know better.

I'm wondering how big of a crap an ape that size takes.

yes ... you of all people would :rolleyes:

I'm wondering how big of a crap an ape that size takes.

I'm also wondering what poor bastard had the job of digging the movie out of that monstrous gorilla turd.

Darn it, Cullen! I'm getting tired of cleaning the spit off my monitor.

Keep it up! That was great!

I'm not a great fan of this remake. It did nothing for me, except nauseate.

Liota

"Excuse me, pardon me, coming through!" Best one liner of the movie!

I actually really liked the movie. I thought it had a little of everything, humor, pathos, action, special effects. The only flaws beside the required suspension of disbelief over the (leaping swinging martial arts gorilla, Ann not being beaten to death/ripped apart while in Kong's hand, living through a dinosaur stampede "Excuse me, pardon me, coming through!" etc...) were the CGI airplanes at the end of the movie. Maybe the poor visual effects were a nod to the really bad bi-planes of the original. Plus I don't see the .30 cal machine guns of the bi-planes as being big enough to do the job. The M2 .50 cal I think would have done the job.

Oh well, I laughed, I cried, I kissed a free rental good-bye!

I'd been watching the original (and Son of Kong) since I was a kid. I really liked Peter Jackson's Kong. It filled in a lot of little holes the original simply didn't answer; i.e. what happenned to all the girls they sacrifced to kong? and where are all the other giant apes? I also liked the inclusion of the pit spider sequence, that was apparently deleted from the original 1934 version and lost forever. I liked that they had better guns than just bolt action rifles of the original...some BARs would have been nice additions to go along with the Tommy Guns. The V-Rex fight scene was fantastic...though I think 3 V-Rexes (imaginary dino even bigger than T-Rex) would have eaten Kong with little trouble. I liked the inside jokes like "let's get Fay" "She's doing a movie with RKO" "Cooper...should have known" and other references to the original film. I could tell this movie was made by fans of the original Kong and I think they did the original creators justice with this remake.

BTW I think a 50 round drum from a Tommy gun to Kong's face would have messed him up bad and Mr. Hayes should have been carrying his 1911 cocked and locked :P

Edited by SinistralRifleman

I thought it was a pretty good 2 hour movie. To bad it lasted 3 hours. Peter Jackson needs an editor!

The entire sequence on the boat getting to the island should have been severely trimmed IMHO. An entertaining movie, but not as good as the original...again IMHO.

I loved the recreation of 30s New York, great city!

:)