Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springer Xd Like A Glock?

bountyhunter

I'll be damned...good info.

Wha company, other than Springfield, makes the gun?

IM Metal of Croatia, who sells it everywhere else in the world as the HS2000. SA's version is different in a few details, like the rail, sights etc.

From the world.guns.ru website:

"The HS2000 pistol has been developed by Croatian IM Metal company for Croatian army during late 1990s. Production of the 9mm HS2000 started in 1999, with the first pistols being delivered to the Croatian army the same year. In 2000 these pistols first appeared in the USA, initially imported under their original name. However, in late 2001 the Springfield Armory Company of Genseo, Illinois, became the sole importer of HS2000 pistols in USA. Springfield offers a slightly improved version of HS2000 as the Springfield XD (eXtreme Duty pistol), and by now these pistols (still made in Croatia) are available in a variety of sizes, calibers and finishes.

After several years of aggressive sales, these pistols gained good reputation and serious following among American shooters, and by now several police departments in USA either issue these pistols on regular basis or approve them for personal purchase by police officers. "

I wonder if they will suddenly start selling parts after swearing that they'd never do it. Kind of like how they changed finishes recently after swearing there was no problem with the old one.

I don't think it's likely, but I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled a move like that.

They have a lot of similarities, but their ergonomics and trigger are very different. Aside from the XD having a better trigger and a grip safety (which I personaly never notice when shooting) the biggest difference is ergonomic.

One or the other will generaly fit someone better. Some people like the XD better, some; the glock.

Personaly, I shoot an XD much, MUCH better than my freind's two Glocks.