Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sprinco And Cz Ts

NODAK

I have a Sprinco recoil reducer for my CZ Tactical Sport.Yes I bought it before I asked any questions. :blink: Anyone with any experience with this item? set up, springs, good or bad?

I have a Sprinco recoil reducer for my CZ Tactical Sport.Yes I bought it before I asked any questions. :blink: Anyone with any experience with this item? set up, springs, good or bad?

I've had good results using a Sprinco in my Glock 17. I don't recall ever hearing a bad word about them. You've most likely made a wise choice. B)

-Chet

I bought the Sprinco at the same time that I bought the G17. My thought was that it would make it easier for my wife to rack the slide.

The Glock is used mainly for home defense and occasionally to shoot production or CHL qualifications so it doesn't see a whole lot of action.

It does perform perfectly with all loads we've shot through it from powder-puff 147 grain handloads up to factory +P defense ammo and everything in between.

So, I guess that's my favorite thing about the Sprinco - It will handle loads from 115 PF up to the really hot defense loads without having to change my spring setup.

-Chet

Yeah, 12 or 13, and he mentioned Wolff... but Wolff doesn't list a spring for a ST or TS on their website..... is it a standard CZ 75 spring, or one for a longslide ? Where do you get a 12 or 13 pound recoil spring for a CZ Tactical Sports, anyone? part #? Thanks!

Yeah, 12 or 13, and he mentioned Wolff... but Wolff doesn't list a spring for a ST or TS on their website..... is it a standard CZ 75 spring, or one for a longslide ? Where do you get a 12 or 13 pound recoil spring for a CZ Tactical Sports, anyone? part #? Thanks!

I talked to Mike Eagleshield the lead gunsmith at CZ USA, Wolff told me to ask him, and he said its the same spring as the CZ75,Wolff has those from 12 to 17 pounds.I bought a few 13 and 15 pounders, have the 13's in now and runs just fine. whoops forgot to give you the part no.( 43013 Reduced Power)

I also have another question, the buffer on the CZ TS the flat side goes towards the rear of the gun correct?Thats the way I've installed installed it, hope thats not too dumb of a question

Edited by NODAK

I also have another question, the buffer on the CZ TS the flat side goes towards the rear of the gun correct?Thats the way I've installed installed it, hope thats not too dumb of a question

:P I just picked up a TS last week and spent a good 5 minutes looking at the buffer, deciding which way I was going to put it on. I went the same way you did. Though it does look like it would fit either way just fine. Just not sure if the wrong way will cause any problems. I've got about 800 rounds through it so far and no problems.

I've got a Sprinco on my shopping list. Nodak, have you tried the Sprinco and the stock set-up? How do you think they compare?

I dont know if I shot it enough with the stock set up to give a good evaluation,It seems to do everything it claims to do,I would say it shoots a little flatter and is a little quicker but it also could all be in my head. Not sure its neccesary but its fun to tinker with

• 1 year later...
I bought the Sprinco at the same time that I bought the G17. My thought was that it would make it easier for my wife to rack the slide.

This may not apply to the G17, but on my 1911 with the Sprinco and a softer recoil spring, I feel like I've had a harder time racking the slide. I suspect that this is because the secondary spring is so much stiffer. I can't seem to get a really good feel for where the end of the racking motion is because once you hit that second spring using a manual rack motion, you can't tell where you are with the slide. I have particular trouble trying to lock the slide back by hand sometimes. It is very non-linear in a sense. However, the gun auto functions very well.

Edited by WickedBag

Got one of tyhe 1st Sprincos from a friend who got to go to the SHOT show where they were introduced for the Standard IPSC. Despite being then-new, it has held up great. Like the other sprincos or recoilmaster, I don't think its "revolutionary" - but it is an incremental improvement. I just rant the stock spring & buffer; I might have to try a lighter spring - thanks for the suggestion.