Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 773 And Single Stack

rgkeller

I hope so. This is the gear I have for single stack.

I have read and re-read the rules and my interpretation would allow it.

All it says is that they must be of a type that would be appropriate for daily carry and reasonably concealable. I think the 773 would meet that criteria.

I guess I will use the pouches until someone in authority tells me I can't.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

I believe the theory behind the SSC holster and mag pouch rules were that they be concealable and comfortable to wear 16 hours/day.

That being said. I have shot all but one SSC and can tell you that is not what many other competitors are using as a guidline.

If you are in doubt your equipment is in compliance with the rules, then it probably isn't.

If you do a search you will find pages upon pages of discussion on SSC equipment.

I believe the theory behind the SSC holster and mag pouch rules were that they be concealable and comfortable to wear 16 hours/day.

That being said. I have shot all but one SSC and can tell you that is not what many other competitors are using as a guidline.

If you are in doubt your equipment is in compliance with the rules, then it probably isn't.

If you do a search you will find pages upon pages of discussion on SSC equipment.

I did that search and found no answer to my specific question.

from having shot the ssc, and John's previous posts and answers in front sight, the pouches should be ok, but the belt won't. the default is the idpa gear rules, and belts must be "through the loops" type. a lot of guys use a web "instructors" belt.

from having shot the ssc, and John's previous posts and answers in front sight, the pouches should be ok, but the belt won't. the default is the idpa gear rules, and belts must be "through the loops" type. a lot of guys use a web "instructors" belt.

I saw no such provision in the SS Provisonal Rules.

I have emailed Mr. Amidon.

I saw no such provision in the SS Provisonal Rules.

I have emailed Mr. Amidon.

John Amidon replied and stated that the setup was legal under the current PROVISIONAL rules but there was no guarantee past 2007.

The CR Speed is currently legal. The inner belt must be through the loops but the outer but does not have to be. I have a feeling there will be changes in 2007 though.

• 10 months later...

Time to bring this back to the forefront.....

I was thinking about picking up these magazine holders, slapping them on my cr speed belt and wondering off to Barry in April this year (2007).

Are there any rule changes I should be aware of before I fork over the money for the magazine pouches? I have looked at the USPSA main forum site for the new rules, but it appears to me as though the only thing they have to say about magazine pouches and belts are the distances from the inner belt.

Can anyone clarify what changes (if any) would result if the new rules came into effect?

I don't shoot single stack that often, but it would be nice to know.

Thanks.