Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Alabama State Match Results

2006 Alabama State Match Results are posted

Congratulations to

Chris Patty (High Open)

John Bean (Alabama Section Open Winner)

Jeff Cramblit (High Limited & Alabama Section Limited Winner)

Peter Adams (High Limited 10 & Alabama Section Limited 10 Winner)

AJ McCartney (High Production & Alabama Section Production Winner)

Great Match Mike Gettemy. Thanks to all the staff, sponsors, and shooters.

MHearn

Tony. True Stage 9 was tough. Thank the USPSA gods I didn't have to reset that one all day.

But, I thought the true indication of an evil heart was the choice of Partial People Eaters as the classifier. Pain.

MHearn

Edited by mhearn

I had a great time this weekend. I have to agree with the assessment that Mike is indeed evil. Those stages were "intresting" to say the least.

On a side note the food was the best I have ever had at a match. :P

THanks to all the match staff and Mike for putting on a great match.

Tony. True Stage 9 was tough. Thank the USPSA gods I didn't have to reset that one all day.

But, I thought the true indication of an evil heart was the choice of Partial People Eaters as the classifier. Pain.

MHearn

Ditto, it ate me alive whole ,not partially. I did great in Stage 9, second to Cramblitt in limited.

MHearn

Ditto, it ate me alive whole ,not partially. I did great in Stage 9, second to Cramblitt in limited.

Actually my stage nine pain had nothing to do with the stage design.

My wounds were self-inflicted.

I shot at the popper that activates the last bank of swingers up on the end.

I heard a "ding" and thinking I had a good hit, I moved on.

When the swingers didn't activate I thought there was a stage malfunction. :huh:

I stopped for a moment thinking I was going to get a reshoot.

When I realized the RO wasn't going to stop me I backed up and found the popper still standing. :blink:

When it was all over I had 45 seconds on the clock.

Just shoot me. :angry:

Tls

Edited by tlshores

When the swingers didn't activate I thought there was a stage malfunction. :huh:

When I realized the RO wasn't going to stop me I backed up and found the popper still standing. :blink:

Tls

I had a similar experience on the same popper. I hit it and then looked back when the swingers didn't actuate and it was leaning sideways. To my shame, I gave the RO a dirty look he didn't deserve expecting him to stop me and then drove the popper down with several shots. I ended up shooting the stage three times due to range failure. I applaud the RO for keeping it working as well as it did.

dj

MHearn

Tls

Don't feel bad, my brother did teh same thing, Randee was rolling on the ground when my brother had to go back and forth trying to figure out waht was wrong with the swingers.

[ stage 9 ] glad that one is over. i would like to thank all the one that could have hurt me after shooting that stage,but didn't. i would also like to thank the shooters that came back to help set up an paste targets after they finished the match. some pretty good people in this sport. tammy an john did a great job for their first major match.

roger cash

ps-- tammy was also high lady,guess they forgot to announce that.

In the end I think I had the longest drive to get there- from New Orleans and getting lost and everything in between. I am so happy to know that I did close to the worst. I would hate to think that i actually had talent, but it was the first sanctioned event I shot in USPSA with the SC states coming up in two weeks at my former second home range. I think this match convinced me that i do like it enough to call the equipment guy and get a proper limited ten equipment pack and working ten rounders.

Thanks to all who made this solo guy feel welcome.

It was a great match except the lack of warmth. Saturday stages one and two were close to the eighth circle of hell, reserved for lawyers and molesters. Freezing.

Special thanks to the ROs who were all very courteous- much more so than other IDPA or PPC matches I have either attended or worked.

Dan in Nola

Edited by Overhung

Tammy (High Lady)

I know your not the type to boast or brag or need recognition so I'll do all three for you. Congratulations. Proud for ya. Good to see your shooting coming together.

MHearn

We're the RO for Stage 1 and 2???

I was the RO on Stages 1 & 2. (Mark Hearn). I was the RO not the stage designer. I think Mike put me on those stages because Stage 1 kicked my butt and he wanted me to relive the memory of that experience over and over. (Mike the evil one).

MHearn

Stage 1 was very interesting...other then the top 9 of the open guys,everybody else in open had about as much trouble as the other divisions....could somebody give me the specs. on the cable setup on that stage?????....would like to suprise a few shooters on that one.. :lol:

Edited by GmanCdp

I was the RO on Stages 1 & 2. (Mark Hearn). I was the RO not the stage designer. I think Mike put me on those stages because Stage 1 kicked my butt and he wanted me to relive the memory of that experience over and over. (Mike the evil one).

MHearn

It kicked my butt too.

MHearn

It kicked my butt too.

With a HF of 0.75, I'll be using a rubber donut until some time next week... :wacko:

I would just like to say thanks to all the folks that put the match on, from Mike and Mike on down. I too was cold, until I saw the iron man running the chrono in a shirt.... Then I felt shamed for whining.

This was my first match in Production after the surgery last year and shooting limited for a while. I do appreciate the match director working with me on my disability and inability to shoot weak handed. There are matches that I do not attend because of the attitude I have felt when unable to complete a course requirement, it is nice to be welcomed inspite of those issues.

Very good experience.

ajm