Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Armscor Supercomp

Paul B

Don't know why, but when I load Armscor supercomp new brass on my 650 about 1 in every 15 cases won't accept the primer. They seem to get caught on the sides like the primer hole is slightly off center or the edges of the primer pocket are too sharp. Has anyone else had this problem? Not as bad with used brass.

Load is <11 gr of N105 with a Federal small pistol magnum primer.

Usually the primer just mangles itself but also had 1 boom out of 600 cases loaded.

B)-->

QUOTE(Paul B @ Mar 16 2006, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't know why, but when I load Armscor supercomp new brass on my 650 about 1 in every 15 cases won't accept the primer. They seem to get caught on the sides like the primer hole is slightly off center or the edges of the primer pocket are too sharp. Has anyone else had this problem? Not as bad with used brass.

Usually the primer just mangles itself but also had 1 boom out of 600 cases loaded.

i bought a case a few years ago and noticed that too. not a problem, but wait till you try shooting them...that's another story (at least with mine). they all sit in a box now...want 'em?

B)-->

QUOTE(Paul B @ Mar 16 2006, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the advice. Am currently using the .223 shell plate which is what Dillon advised. Maybe the the 9mm would hold them a little tighter.

I may be confused/wrong but wouldn't the .223 shellplate hold the cases tighter than the 9 shellplate?

Do you have any other brass to run through the machine? If you do and they go through just fine, it's the brass.

PaulB,

Our primer pockets are real tight. That helps when you reload them. They last longer. I don't have any trouble with them in my 1050. People with 650's seem to notice it more. If you want to send them back I will replace them.

outerlimits,

Please send them back to me and I will replace them.

Ivan

Edited by blackdragon

Thanks for the offer, but the ones that won't go through the first time, will just get a slight chamfer to break the entry edge. This seems to clear up once they have been fired once and I, unlike some others, have had pretty good longevity with the brass even though it's a very healthy load and 115's.

the 9mm plate is not as tight as the 223 shellplate.

the tight shellplate does not allow the brass to move any side-to-side and if you have any variation between the primer and the primer pocket, the primer wont go in.

thats why we drill a 13/16 hole for a 3/4 bolt...the tolerances on your press's shellplate, brass and the primer dont work out right.

i have not had any trouble loading supercomp or the armscor stuff with the 9mm shellplate.

I load Armscor rimless 38 Super with a 223 plate with out any problems.

FM

Me too and I have 1050.

I have lot of troubles to reoad 9 mm plate with other super comp brasses but I haven't try

to reload Armscor rimless brasses with 9mm plate.

• 2 weeks later...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul B @ Mar 16 2006, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

i bought a case a few years ago and noticed that too. not a problem, but wait till you try shooting them...that's another story (at least with mine). they all sit in a box now...want 'em?

quick update...ivan (blackdragon) was interested in what problems i'd had with the brass. i sent him 6-8 of the cases and within a week, i find a case of 2,500 38 super rimless cases on my porch! this guys cares! i'll load up a few hundred and head to the range and report later. assuming the problems are rectified, they have won back a customer, big time! :)