Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Uspsa Top 20 Lists

caps

I dont have a problem with the questions Jon, Heck, I'd have questions too becuse it looks too wierd. I just wanted folks to understand what was going on. I dont feel like I was placed on the spot at all. I've been back now for one year and I'm starting to think about building an Open gun again. I even may start to practice some and maybe do a bit of dry firing. I just cant allow myself to get as deep as I had back then.

Hal,

Like we talked the other day, COME BACK TO THE DARK SIDE of open class! Throw them iron sighted guns away,

I know you'll be back on top with a dot & a lot of bullets!

HAMMER

John,

For shooting at S&W during the winter, I've even considered it! Dave's been trying to talk me into it every match we shoot there.

John, I am seriously considering the possible return to Open. If only like Dan says, for the indoor season only. I dont know, Its going to take alot more time and commitment to get up there and run with the big boys again. Heck, right now, I'd be happy if I could just string one complete match together. If I did that I could give the top 4 or 5 spots at our local matches a run.

Hal.

Your better than you think now,

I'll bring an extra Shorty to the match, you use it, you'll see. It's MORE FUN outside, lot's more to shoot at.

Just bring a belt, I got everything else, and No, you would need to practice with it, just dry fire a couple of times like me......

If I had time & place to practice, I would, but, I don't....I waiting till I retire, them I can practice & become the Master I always wanted to be.

For now it's just fun again

It's all good.

Let me know which match your going to next.

Hammer

John, You have always been kind to me. I thank you for your opinion on my current ability. I havent forgotten the first time I won a match outright. It was up at Wilson Hill in New Hampshire. The match was over and you caught up to me in the lobby of the club, Stretched out you right hand, Told me you wanted to be the first one to congratulate me on winning the match and told me you didnt mind loosing a match to a shooter like me. It meant alot to me then and what you have written here means alot to me now. I do think I have a long way to go though.....

As for shooting you open shorty, I'd love to give it a try. Thank you! I'll be shooting Bass River in April and then I go on vacation to the Grand Canyon with the Family. I'll miss the first Manville match of the season. I'll take a rain check on the offer though. It would probably be the May Manville match.

Hal,

Now that the story of your classification has been settled I'll add the part of you as early USPSA advocate.

Back in '92 when I was trying to find information on "combat shooting", IPSC, USPSA and/or a club

near Boston that shot the discipline it was like trying to join a secret society. If there was information it wasn't generally available.

I finally tracked down the office in SW and had to suggest that a listing of clubs in my area and their contacts was what was needed to try this... it was almost as though they didn't want to part with information! (This is a 13-year-old memory so don't hold it against anyone!)

I called Hal who was the closest. He invited me to bring my stuff and meet he and a friend for one of their Thursday night practices. My model 19 and speed loaders didn't impress them but the fact that someone was willing to invite a perfect stranger to a practice where they would ask questions and waste time impressed me.

He followed up with an invite to watch match videos and I was hooked. Thanks again.

Hal, you have my email, if you're down my way please give a shout!

Joel

THanks for the kind words Joel. I remember that practice session and many others at the old Weymouth Sportsmans club working on your shooting skills. That was the good ole days for sure! I think I'll be down your way in 07 for Daytona Bike week. Maybe I could fit a match in there somewhere and shoot with you. It'll be like old times....