Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Maybe This Could Be Cool

Harmon

its not all that good, 34 rounds in 12.00 seconds, some nasty deltas though.

32 rounds in 13.64 pretty good hits. this gave me the ONLY stage win of the day..the match was won by a limited master and second was a GM in limited.

this match was really best for a ltd gun...

Harmon, your shooting is looking really good. I think you could use work on everything else though... you seemed to be a little hesitant on drawing and starting to move at the same time on the first stage. Your reload was planned and i'm not sure if it was baubled but it seemed to take a long time, reloading where you can't see it is very dangerous in match conditions.

Overall movement looked good very smooth speeding up between shooting positions looks very possible.

Good shooting looks like you were right up there with the top guys!

jake, i mean the stages probably couldnt have been shot much faster in open... some of the stages i feel like i could shoot faster in ltd than open.

steve, 3 hours of sleep and the 70 hour work week makes me unresponsive to the start signal like i SHOULD be.

...and the reload was bobbled..

well another 16 hour day is behind me, im off to bed!

What makes you say the match was best for a Limited gun?

I have no idea, but I've heard this one before. I think it was Todd who said he'd rather have his limited gun instead of the open gun on close hoser-type stages. Having never really shot an open gun (more than a dozen rounds at a time), I don't know the differences all that well. The scope obviously loses it's edge as the targets get closer, but I would imagine the comp and fast cycling would still give a benefit... Having said that, however, I have won several stages in all divisions with a Standard (~Limited in USPSA) gun. Incidentally, most have been pretty up-close stages, but also some mid-length (10-15m) steel stages.

healy, the reloads suck on the taser..

the darts only travel 200 fps, and i doubt they weigh more than 200 grains total.

its hard to imagine that 8 AA batteries can kick a grown mans ass, but they can.

Jake, i believe it was Todd who said he would like to shoot half the match with a ltd gun and half with his open gun...depending on what the stage is like..perhaps its all just something else to distract us from the most important thing of all: the shooting.

I've heard Todd say the same things long ago, but he was pretty particular that 'I could shoot this faster with my limited gun", and not making a blanket statement about Ltd vs Open in general.