Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Berm Aid I - April 30, 2006 - Hosted By Wvpps

Berm Aid I - April 30, 2006

Wabash Valley Practical Pistol Shooters (WVPPS) will be hosting Berm Aid I on April 30, 2006 at the Riley Conservation Club in Riley, Indiana (just east of Terre Haute). Berm Aid I is a fundraiser match to raise money to pay for past and future range renovations at the Riley Conservation Club that directly benefit our USPSA style matches. This past February we were able to complete range improvements at Riley by adding a full size pistol bay, two "mini" bays (for speed shoots) and enhancing an existing pistol bay (pictures of the renovations can be found at http://www.wvpps.com. These improvements will greatly improve our ability to hold USPSA matches (and perhaps add IDPA, steel, etc.) at Riley. Funds raised from Berm Aid I will be used to complete payment on this year's work and begin to raise funds for future projects.

Berm Aid I will be a no-frills (no T-shirts, no prize table, etc.) trophy match with section championship quality stages and management, featuring seven courses of fire and approximately 186 rounds fired. But the match fee ($40.00) will be only about half of what you would pay for a section match. Berm Aid I will also serve as the monthly USPSA match for WVPPS. Plaques will be awarded for the winner in each division and certificates will be awarded for class winners and category winners where participation numbers warrant.

Come and join us for a great match and help one of Indiana's growing USPSA clubs continue to move forward!

Stages will be posted on our website in the next few weeks. Match application is currently available at the website. For more information contact David Ball at daviddvcball@yahoo.com or visit our website at http://www.wvpps.com.

Edited by davidball

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you welcome match day registrations?? :rolleyes:

You bet. We are going to limit the total number of shooters in order to make sure we can manage the one-day format in an efficient manner. We will certainly accept match day registrations for any open slots. Check this thread and our website for updates on available slots for the match.

I try to make the regular monthly matches there and Dave and crew usually have some great stages.

Anyone remember the Saloon Stage from the 2004 Indiana Sectional???

Well that was Dave's stage!!!!

I am planning on making it, I know it will be fun.

The first club match of the year at Riley went very well yesterday. The new bay and speed shoot areas added quite nicely to the match. Looking forward to the Berm Aid Match. Being on the Fifth Sunday there is no reason to not have a good turn out. If you have not shot at Wabash Valley in a while give it a go.

The first club match of the year at Riley went very well yesterday. The new bay and speed shoot areas added quite nicely to the match. Looking forward to the Berm Aid Match. Being on the Fifth Sunday there is no reason to not have a good turn out. If you have not shot at Wabash Valley in a while give it a go.

Thanks for the props, RLP. The first match on the "new" range was quite the experience. One more stage (6) than we are used to, spread out over more ground than we are used to, but it all seemed to work well. It was a good "dry run" for the upcoming BIG match at the end of April. While it was a little frantic from the MDs point of view, all of the shooters I have heard from said it was a great match. We have a little more grounds keeping to do, but we are on track for Berm Aid I.

We are in the final stages of debugging stage designs. We hope to have them posted by the end of the week.

Edited by davidball

Dave, you and the rest of the crew did an outstanding job getting the range work done. I really like what you had done to the range.

Thanks, Tony . . . as a member of the "old guard" (in experience, not age :) ), I appreciate the comment. Too bad you are going to be at the Single Stack the weekend of our big match!

Shot this yesterday and thought everything ran great. Really like the added shooting bays and the additional stage!!!

I have been shooting at this range for the past couple of years and it is great to see this and hope it continues to improve.

Oh... I'll be there Sunday. :D The SSC get over Saturday afternoon. I'll have plenty of time to make the match. I'm 3.5 hours from Barry and only 1 hour from Riley. I just won't be able to work the match. ;)

Great! No work and lots of shooting! (Wanna trade places?)

I try to make the regular monthly matches there and Dave and crew usually have some great stages.

Silverado? :)

Fun stage. And, everything worked. B)

-------------------------

Sound like it might be a good idea to get an announcement made to the SSC shooters to let them know they can shoot this match on Sunday? Maybe run an afternoon session?

Silverado? :)

Fun stage. And, everything worked. B)

Yep, that was it. Glad you enjoyed it.

Sound like it might be a good idea to get an announcement made to the SSC shooters to let them know they can shoot this match on Sunday? Maybe run an afternoon session?

We appreciate the suggestion, Flex, but we are going to run one Sunday session. We want to stay within the parameters that we know will produce a challenging, fun match for the facility and staff we have available.

Stage descriptions are now available at http://www.wvpps.com. Select "Match Stages" from the menu bar on the left. There are a couple of typos which will be corrected later today ("heels" is mispelled everywhere it is used), but you'll get the gist.

Or, just click here:

Stage 1: Three Ports of Call

Stage 2: Long Division

Stage 3: "V" for Victory

Stage 4: Down and to the Right

Stage 5: Merle's Standards

Stage 6: Riley Standards

Stage 7: Salute to Kentucky

186 minimum round count. We're gonna have fun.

stages 5 & 7 look evil, but yet challenging. :)

Bring your "A" game . . . or "M" game, as it were . . . :)

I'll bring my "C" game Dave :D

Games of all classifications, divisions, ethnicities, religions and gender are welcome at Berm Aid I!!!!! :)

Hotel information for those of you who will be traveling and need a place to stay. All four are located at the intersection of US 41 and I 70 which is 10 minutes from the range. Plenty of food (and drink) establishments in the area.

Hampton Inn

3325 US 41 S

Terre Haute, IN 47802

(812) 242-2222

Drury Inn

3040 US 41 S

Terre Haute, IN 47802

(812) 238-1206

Holiday Inn

3300 US 41 S

Terre Haute, IN 47802

(800) 470-3431