Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

The Unit

I try to let all of the gun handling stuff go, just part of Hollywood, but the wives thing is what really bothers me, like lately having one of the wives actually go on a mission with her husband?! BS

I try to let all of the gun handling stuff go, just part of Hollywood, but the wives thing is what really bothers me, like lately having one of the wives actually go on a mission with her husband?! BS

I fast-forward all the wife BS stuff. Can’t watch it…

I fast-forward all the wife BS stuff. Can’t watch it…

+1.. thankfully I always DVR it..

I guess the writers get bored.. and want to make the lives more complicated? I'd guessing no one that watches the show.. also watches "Days of Our Lives".. which all this crap is..

There's a number of shows they've done this with, that I liked. "In Plain Sight", is another good example..

it might be a little goofy at times but it is still the best thing on the air

although I have started watching homeland security USA, not as entertaining but very interesting.

Edited by rupie

My favorite part is watching how many scenes with rifles they leave the lens covers on :roflol: They even leave that part in the opening credits. One of the guys has an MP5 with an Aimpoint. Look close and you will see the flip cap is still up :surprise: Isn't that what continunity directors and technical directors are for?

My favorite part is watching how many scenes with rifles they leave the lens covers on :roflol: They even leave that part in the opening credits. One of the guys has an MP5 with an Aimpoint. Look close and you will see the flip cap is still up :surprise: Isn't that what continunity directors and technical directors are for?

I can't watch the opening credits since they changed the music and got rid of the cadence. I always scratched my head at that one, start out a show that has some action in it, get you all interested, then start playing some love song.... weak. Oh yeah, and I skip over all the wives BS now on the DVR too.

My favorite part is watching how many scenes with rifles they leave the lens covers on :roflol:

Not necessarily in this show.. but others.. where they're firing 75 rounds from a single 30 round magazine.. and the dust cover stays closed the whole time.. with no brass ejecting.

Those rifles must be great for reloaders! I'll have to see if JP makes one like that....

I have the same objections to shows as raised here .

Unrealistic round count mags actions taken by "operators" etc.....

Remember shows are supposed to be viewed for their ENTERTAINMENT value...not as a "How-To" manual.

Most Tactics and other things shown are NOT accurate and would result in bad things happening in the "real world" but this is Hollyweird where 1 round from a .38 can blow bad guys through walls and explode cars.

The way they film stuff is totally fudged up and would drive any of us crazy to try and figure out.

Scenes are not necessarily filmed in any kind of sequence so the guy shooting in one scene may not remember that he should re-load on camera during scene 26 because they filmed scene 25 3 days ago.

Don't dump on SgtMaj Haney too much.

Technical advisors are just that ADVISORS.

Eric Haney gets to say what he thinks....they ignore him and do what they want to.

He may be credited as tech advisor but that does not mean hes on set for each and every scene they film and approves of everything they show.

As far as his advisor status they may call him on the phone for one particular piece of advice and say "Hey Eric did you carry an MP-5 when you were an operator?"

"Yeah we had those."

"Ok. Thanks. Bye"

Then the episode comes out and even he looks at it and goes "WTF ?"

Enjoy the show for the entertainment..not to see if its really how supposed D.F. guys operate.

JK

Technical advisors are just that ADVISORS.

Eric Haney gets to say what he thinks....they ignore him and do what they want to.

I saw an interview with one of the advisor's for CSI..

In that one. they wanted to pour liquid rubber into a abdominal knife wound to get a reproduction of the knife that was used.. we're talking full tilt 6 inches deep.

She said, no way would that work.. they did it anyways.. lol