Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 Uspsa Area 6 3 Gun Championships Nov 3-5

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mark would realy like to come, but I will be in Austraila for the world action pistol championship.

Tony

Good luck. We'll all be pulling for you. Show those "Mates" what an American can do with a pistol.

I'm sorry you can't make it. Of course, that will move most of us up one place in the final standings.

Mark Hearn

Edited by mhearn

Tewlman

Glad to hear your coming. Even better if your bringing friends.

CMP would love to see you stop by the store. Mark Johnson the manager is one of the match sponsors. They will have one of their rifles on the prize table. Don't know which one yet. Hope it is a Garand. Probably will be.

Heavy metal is looking good. Several participants and a Springfield XD .45 for the top in division. Thanks to the nice folks over at Springfield Armory.

Come see us. Bring the big toys.

Mark Hearn

Hi Tony, I'm very very sorry you can't make the Area 6 3 gun. :D He, He,He.

Seriously good luck down under. Hope to see ya at KCR. Malcome.

PS. I've heard Sabre Defense may have one of thier new 6.5 Grendels on the prize table.

Good shooting everyone Malcome.

thinking of doing "heavy metal". i got the single stack, pump 12 gauge part, but not clear on the rifle part. the option of optics doesn't seem to be mentioned, so.... yes or no? i'm personally a M-1 kinda guy, so i don't really dig optics in "heavy metal", but to each his own... how 'bout a ruling? thanx, dave moss

thinking of doing "heavy metal". i got the single stack, pump 12 gauge part, but not clear on the rifle part. the option of optics doesn't seem to be mentioned, so.... yes or no? i'm personally a M-1 kinda guy, so i don't really dig optics in "heavy metal", but to each his own... how 'bout a ruling? thanx, dave moss

Come on down. No optics. Just iron in Heavy Metal. We are treating Heavy metal as a subset of Standard or Limited rifle not Tactical rifle.

Mark Hearn

Edited by mhearn

now we're talkin'!!!! the 26 round stages might not to advantageous for an M-1, but i've done dumber things :wacko: ....... gotta think about this? one of the reasons i've wanted to do this match is to also go to the CMP store and get some stuff. anyway around it, this is gonna be a fun weekend!!! see ya' there.

How long will the shots on the long range stage be?

Stage 4 Clear the woods has the longest shots, 200-225 yards. We will not know for sure until its set up. Flash Targets.

Stage 6 Cross the River will have some tight and small target shots at 100 yards. Think head shots.

Hope that helps.

Mark Hearn

Mark,

Thanks for putting up the stages. Question on Dark Shadows: Will we need a light?? If yes, mounted or attached to rifle (ok for OPEN but not other divisions)?? Let me know so I can determine if I need to purchase one.

Tom

Good to hear from you. Don Woosley (Woogie) is the guy on Dark Shadows. I will squeeze an answer out of him on these dark houses this weekend (09-16-06) and post up the answer before Monday (09-18-06). I want to know the answer to this one myself.

Mark Hearn

Edited by mhearn

Mark,

Thanks for putting up the stages. Question on Dark Shadows: Will we need a light?? If yes, mounted or attached to rifle (ok for OPEN but not other divisions)?? Let me know so I can determine if I need to purchase one.

Tom

Woogie really doesn't think you will need a light or that it will practical given the distance. Its more like a low light tunnel. Not that dark.

Mark Hearn

Can I bring my 25' motor home? Is there room on the range or a close park?

Tom

We do have some limited amount of space at the range. Come on. We'll reserve a piece for you. Contact Woogie if you need additional details on range space (256) 236 8118.

Mark Hearn

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Keith!

I'm gonna need all the help I can get. ;)

The .308 Special, my 870 supermatic, and the Ole warhorse .45 sure do make it fun though.................sometimes. :D

But I will offer this predicition...............not many if anybody will be having as much fun there in Anniston as I am. ;)

Now to go drill out the gas ports on the 870 ! :ph34r:

SAM

Sam

Come on down with the big stuff. Only about six Heavy hitters in the match so far. Woogie is worried about his steel. He keeps trying to move it further back. I don't think its going to work. Thanks to MGM we do have some new stuff. However, its tiny (12" mini poppers). Something to look forward to.

Mhearn