Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Sight Olive Branch

SRT Driver

WOW!!! :blink:

Bill Wilson in the cover of Front Sight!!!!????

Yes, he did do quite a bit in the early days but, after all of the IDPA / USPSA word wars, this sure seems like a peace gesture. And a positive one at that.

Finally!!! Way to step up USPSA.

Or is it the opposite? Kind of a "remember where you came from" type thing.

Same here. Haven't seen mine yet.

Of course now I don't want to see it.... :angry:

If WE had bad mouthed IDPA in OUR rulebook for several years, THEN we should be extending an olive branch.

Oh well....Time to calm down and trust our organization's leadership, especially since I haven't seen the damn thing.

Has anybody had any dealings with Nighthawk Custom? I understand some of Wilson's guys formed it up in Berryville. I wonder if they wanted to get out of his shadow or if there were other reasons. Everything on their products has been positive, and slightly more reasonable in price than a W.C. pistol.

It good to see that an effort is being made..if not a unilateral effort. Once we seen a write up in Tactical Journal about USPSA, then the tide may turn. But...

Three words point to a direction - Single Stack Division. And another - crossover.

Someday, wearing a USPSA shirt at an IDPA match will start a conversation instead of instigate a negative comment.

I look forward to that day. This may signal a beginning.

Yes several of very long term Wilson top gunsmith left Wilson Combat and started Nighthawk Custom, but it didn't seem to slow Wilson down, it did add another competitor for Wilson Combat in an already crowded custom 1911 market. They jumped very quickly to offer colors and models that Wilson didn't have (bobtails, etc) and have gotten a lot of good press.

There is a local dealer that is a Wilson dealer and Nighthawk dealer and you would be hard pressed to see any difference including price between the two.

I also think Single Stack is a big reason to see Bill do this.

Good job Eric! I enjoyed it too.

The Wilson article was also very good. The pics were awesome! Some trip down memory lane! Although I wasn't shooting back then in the 80's, just looking at the attire made imagine how it would've been.

Then I felt as if it hit closer to home... As if the 80's were not such a long time ago... then it came to me. Then I knew when was that I recently had a retro trip...

WHEN I SAW DUANE'S HAT IN THE LATEST ISSUE OF HANDGUNS MAGAZINE!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry Mr. Storyteller... Couldn't resist!

;)

Cheers,