Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

No More Economics Classes

Shooter Grrl

Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last! If someone had told me that a BSBA required 6 Economics classes, I woulda picked a different major!

Now I'm to the real fun stuff, Accounting I and II, Finance I and II and Statistics II and III.

After that it's Marketing and E-business (I think I could teach those) and then it's a degree, in my hands.

You'll just love accounting.

Thanks Flex - I appreciate that, really I do. I'll add your phone number to my speed dial for 3am assistance :)

I ended up with a degree in economics with a concentration in accounting, i chose it because it was easy, i was busy playing sports in college. Of course now I do something totally unrelated, while i thought it was easy it sure was BORING.

Economics wasn't easy - that is the most I have ever struggled to learn something!

I kid you not, I worked eight years for a company with $14 million a year in sales that had hand written ledgers. I started as an accounting clerk writing each transaction by hand in the double entry sales journals and then whooping on the ten key to verify the entries. I wouldn't wish that torture on my enemies! The only upside is I can still 10 key at blinding speeds. There's a useful skill.... :huh:

One of the true joys of college has to be completing a class you really really didn't want to take. I took two semesters of Phsyics one summer. Almost killed me!!! But I was really dredding them and it was a great feeling to know they were over...

Just realized reading this that this May is ten years since I graduated. I took the scholorly twelve year method to achieve a four year piece of paper. :D

Looking back I don't miss a thing about most of the classes. Math, Science, Accounting, Econ., Micro, etc... And frankly I don't remember most of the crap from those classes. What I miss is the challenge. Trying super hard to make the grade I wanted while nobody else really cared. The challenge was the cool part. And the chicks...

:D:PB)