Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another Newbie!

The Brit.

Hi,

just registered and I thought I'd introduce myself as I've been looking through this forum for a while now and it is possibly one of the best I've seen regarding information.

I'm from the UK but am not a newbie shooter, I've been shooting since 1981, mainly handguns, but since the handgun ban in '98, only shotgun and pistol calibre rifles.

I try to get into Europe as often as I can to compete in IPSC matches but practice in the UK using 'airsoft'. There is a growing competition circuit using these 'toys' here and it is good training for when we get the chance to use real guns.

I've just got hold of a second hand RL550B which I'm setting up to reload .40s&w and hopefully .45acp. The .40 is for a Lee Enfield rifle I had made for me in that calibre and the .45acp is for a long barreled revolver which I'm hoping to buy soon.

Cheers!

Hi,

just registered and I thought I'd introduce myself as I've been looking through this forum for a while now and it is possibly one of the best I've seen regarding information.

I'm from the UK but am not a newbie shooter, I've been shooting since 1981, mainly handguns, but since the handgun ban in '98, only shotgun and pistol calibre rifles.

I try to get into Europe as often as I can to compete in IPSC matches but practice in the UK using 'airsoft'. There is a growing competition circuit using these 'toys' here and it is good training for when we get the chance to use real guns.

I've just got hold of a second hand RL550B which I'm setting up to reload .40s&w and hopefully .45acp. The .40 is for a Lee Enfield rifle I had made for me in that calibre and the .45acp is for a long barreled revolver which I'm hoping to buy soon.

Cheers!

Hi

I am pretty new here myself. I am sure some of the old timers will be along to welcome you soon.

Do you keep your handguns on the continent or do you rent / borrow when you go there.

al

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome. When we compete in IPSC matches abroad we either pre arrange to hire them or most times we borrow them. As we get to know shooters in whatever squad we are in they often offer their handguns to us the next time we compete.

Often, fine Scottish whiskey is used as a 'thank you' :D

Welcome, Brit. You've landed in thehOt Zone for all things IPSC-related!

What part of the UK are you in? I'll be visiting some friends out in Yeovil (Somerset) soon. Maybe we can get together for a pint and swap lies about shooting. :D

...Mark

Welcome, Brit. You've landed in thehOt Zone for all things IPSC-related!

What part of the UK are you in? I'll be visiting some friends out in Yeovil (Somerset) soon. Maybe we can get together for a pint and swap lies about shooting. :D

...Mark

Hello.

I live in the Midlands. A small old mining village called Measham. Quite a few miles from Somerset!

Enjoy the UK, Somerset has some beutiful scenery, just don't bring your ccw !!

Welcome to the Forums, Ian. If you ever get to TEXAS I'll take you out to BBQ and show you a night on the town in Austin or Ft Worth. :D

Merlin,

Thanks for your kind offer which I will probably take you up on! Next year, My wife and I are hoping to get to Vegas, Grand Canyon, Hoover jam etc. I've told (asked!) her that I'd like to have part of the holiday in Phoenix to visit the Dillon factory. I'd like to be able to enter a Practical match at the same time if possible. So you may be getting a call next year!

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Another newbie to the site here saying hi. I'm not a Brit, I'm an Englishman ( :P ) but I live in the US & have done for over a year now. I don't miss one single thing about UK (well, maybe some of the food & the game shooting) but certainly not the stupid gun laws.

If you get out towards Vegas, AZ, etc, stop in & see me in New Mexico, be glad to take you out shooting. I'm a few weeks shy of getting my 07FFL (same as section 5 dealer ticket) here so I'll have some full auto toys to play with too.... :lol:

Bloody shame about the handgun ban, I was there for that & watched my collection of over 15 years get carted out the door. I have made up for it now tho', I buy at least one gun a week here, just because I can! Been bitten by the 3 gun bug so more toys to buy for that....!

Great site BTW, lotsa good info, 2 thumbs up!

I have made up for it now tho', I buy at least one gun a week here, just because I can!

Welcome aboard! And just because I read a bit of Tocqueville's Democracy in America today I found this popular quote quite apropos:

"Americans of all ages, all stations of life, and all types of disposition are forever forming associations...In democratic countries knowledge of how to combine is the mother of all other forms of knowledge; on its progress depends that of all the others."