Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I Found A Deal Of Sturdy Bench!

Yeeeeeha. I finally have a study bench for the reloader. I have been looking for below 100bux bench and HomeDepot had a sale.

Workforce workbench

Originally $120 and on sale on the web for $97. BUT I bought at the store yesterday and it was $79!!

It has hardwood top and hope I can drill the holes.

Problem is, two guy loaded it to my truck but now it's sitting in my truck in the garage. How the heck I am going to unload this stuff??? I will open package in the truck and hopefully, unload piece by piece. And, since I know how crazily hot in the summer here (yes, I moved to AZ) I will set up reloader in one of my bedroom. Crazy me.

Will give you report if it works for reloader or not :)

Edited by Rikarin

Rika,

It's not crazy to have a reloader in the bedroom. I have a 3 bedroom house that consists of my bedroom, my reloading room, and my computer/gun safe room. I recently sold my couch and what was my living room is now my airsoft room complete with a TV and surround sound. Sure other people think I am nuts but I have a shooting buddy who is married with 4 daughters and I can't get him to leave. He says he comes by cuz it is like a testosterone patch :D

Good luck, Craig

Rika,

It's not crazy to have a reloader in the bedroom. I have a 3 bedroom house that consists of my bedroom, my reloading room, and my computer/gun safe room. I recently sold my couch and what was my living room is now my airsoft room complete with a TV and surround sound. Sure other people think I am nuts but I have a shooting buddy who is married with 4 daughters and I can't get him to leave. He says he comes by cuz it is like a testosterone patch :D

Good luck, Craig

:lol::lol::lol:

Same here except my wife calls my reloading room my "Bat cave"

:lol::lol::lol:

barry

I'm sure if you ask, you'll get a lot of help especially if you have food and drinks.

Hello!

I somehow managed to drag that stuff out to the garage. Maybe salmon I ate for dinner did the trick ;) Rest is easy. Thank you thank you. This moving stuff makes me loosing weight for sure! :D

now my airsoft room complete with a TV and surround sound

Hm. Airsoft AND TV? How that works? Its not Time Travel Video game (which you can shoot at the screen) isn't it?

I still having problem comprehending why this 3br house is cheaper than my 1 br condo in Oakland... but I am not complaining! Bedroom, entertainment room (with big TV and surround of course, Craig) and dressing & hobby room, like reloading and sweing and working out. I even have Rika bathroom and cats bathroom!

Only problem is the carpet is quite shaggy. Maybe I should have like, some vinyl/tarp or something underneath to catch stray primers and powder. Ripping the carpet off around the reloader is tossed out. Too much trouble.

Rika,

If you need help getting it together and the press mounted just let me know.

I will work out a time to lend a hand.

"Bat cave"

My reloading room just got a new name! :D

In that theory, bat cave for a woman is, catwoman cave... hm, how appropriate.. ;)

We moved from St. Pete to Seminole (sunny Florida) and I turned the third bedroom into a reloading room, six foot HEAVY wooden bench, big "sliders" from Home Depot under the legs to protect the carpet. Didn't have to anchor it to the wall, added gun safes, shelves for brass and bullets, wooden boxes for powder and I can load in air-conditioned comfort.

My wife took the second bedroom for her "stuff" so we each have our own room for our hobbies. Works very nicely.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't find the dimensions for the the work bench......

How wide and deep is it?

thanks

The top is 54"X20" and the bench stands 39" tall. It's a little tall but the casters will make it easier to wheel down the hall from the living room when I have to hide my junk. I called a friend in another town and he called his local Home Depot and they said that they had 5 of them, by the time he drove over they only had 2, they said they sold 3 in the last 1/2 hour.

They were also $79 and had the same part number as the online one.

Just as a side note: if you are going to secure it to the wall to stop it from moving make sure you find the studs in the wall. Find twoo L shaped brackets at Home Depot and secure it to the studs and the bottom side of the top or one the side legs.

• 1 month later...