Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Member Checking In

firesafety3

Been passing by for a few weeks now and finally took time to register today.

I've been shooting since I was around 10 but just started shooting USPSA this past summer. My son is 15 and I just got him involved a few weeks ago. I shoot a Para 16-40 Limited and Ryan competes with a Springfield XD 40.

I've been a member of other gun forums for a few years now, and bought and sold guns and gear. This seems to be the forum that helps you get the most out what you have, for the sport that we really enjoy.

Do I want to be competitive? With myself mostly. How disciplined can I become and shave off a few seconds here and there. I find this sport is much like golf, which I also enjoy with my son. Getting out in the open air, getting some decent gear so you can take the blame for poor performance, and practice...practice...practice.

I wanted to get this first post behind me so I can start participating in some of the great dialoge generated here. There are some great folks with years of experience to share.

Speaking of decent gear, I'm scouring around for CR Speed holster or preferably a complete rig. So help a new guy out of you hear of a "closet cleaning" sale.

Thanks to all the guys that take time to shoot the sport, then sit down at the computer to share their experience...good or bad. Don't worry, I'll be sharing some of my noobie screw-ups.

I appreciate you welcoming new members. I'll earn my keep.

Welcome to the Forums! :D This is where it's at - whatever you need to know there are people here that can and will help. If you have joined USPSA you can go to the USPSA website classifieds and find holsters for sale with some regularity.. Good luck!

Welcome! Good decision to join. This Forum hosts a lot of valuable info in shooting and related topics. The folks that participate in this forum are very helpful and informative. I will admit I've already picked a lot of tips from them ever since i've discovered this Forum. Once again, welcome and hope to see your future posts soon!

Speaking of decent gear, I'm scouring around for CR Speed holster or preferably a complete rig. So help a new guy out of you hear of a "closet cleaning" sale.

It has been my experience that a good deal can be found on the USPSA website, but they are not plenty.

One of the best places I have found is Glock talk

Good luck and welcome aboard. There is a TON of good information on this site.

Welcome to the best shooting forum on the web! As for CR Speed holsters...you can usually find good deals through brownells.com or dawsonprecision.com.

Been passing by for a few weeks now and finally took time to register today.

I've been shooting since I was around 10 but just started shooting USPSA this past summer. My son is 15 and I just got him involved a few weeks ago. I shoot a Para 16-40 Limited and Ryan competes with a Springfield XD 40.

I've been a member of other gun forums for a few years now, and bought and sold guns and gear. This seems to be the forum that helps you get the most out what you have, for the sport that we really enjoy.

Do I want to be competitive? With myself mostly. How disciplined can I become and shave off a few seconds here and there. I find this sport is much like golf, which I also enjoy with my son. Getting out in the open air, getting some decent gear so you can take the blame for poor performance, and practice...practice...practice.

I wanted to get this first post behind me so I can start participating in some of the great dialoge generated here. There are some great folks with years of experience to share.

Thanks to all the guys that take time to shoot the sport, then sit down at the computer to share their experience...good or bad. Don't worry, I'll be sharing some of my noobie screw-ups.

I appreciate you welcoming new members. I'll earn my keep.

Was a firefighter and Safety Officer for Cajun Country Volunteer Fire Dept for a number of years. Did "Hell Week" at Texas A&M a couple of times. Rescue and emergency response in the industrial setting for 8 years or so. Settled down a bit, I'm a Safety Manager for an industrial construction and maintenance company.