Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Another 1050 Primer System Gripe Thread

Just had a great talk with Peter at customer service, it sounds like there were some detail errors in building my machine. He answered all my dumb questions, really knew his stuff and is sending me the little bits I should need to get things going.

As always.....Dillon Customer care ROX!!!

Just had a great talk with Peter at customer service, it sounds like there were some detail errors in building my machine. He answered all my dumb questions, really knew his stuff and is sending me the little bits I should need to get things going.

As always.....Dillon Customer care ROX!!!

Glad you're getting it straightened out, dp.

Tear the assebly off, which is a HUGE pain in the ass with the way those bolts allow about 1/4 turn each time on the inside one. So any way, I get the thing off and a primer had jammed sideways in the tube. OK, great, 20 mintues of my life gone, but let's get it back together and get back to loading....

Get a set of ball end allen wrenches. Ive got a set of long ones with a screwdriver handle on them. Great for taking the primer setup or powder measure off.

yup the tube was wrong.

Swapped it, put things back toghether and so far so good.

The rubber thingy was dragging, I'm about to rip it off of there. Never had one before.

ALso the little plastic tip was a bit damaged and primers were sticking in the tube.

Add to that the brass I bought is ALL glocked and wearing out my arm. Stuck primers and pot bellied cases. woof.

Bascially a worst case scenario. <_<

Still, Pete and Dillon did great by me. :)

New help needed, maybe I will start a new thread as this is NO primer system related....

Anyway, CASE FEEDER slide is acting really funny. By case feeder I mean the little thingy actually sliding the case into the shell plate.

When I was loading match ammo for the FL Open Fri night (don't ask) I was having to thumb the little tab EVERY STROKE to get it to feed a case in. It's like something is dragging or the spring is too weak.

Throwing your thumb up to bump that tab is not the way to a high rounds per hour count.

Anyone ever seen this?

HELP!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Remove the bolt that goes through a roller and into the right side of the case feed plunger. Remove the bolt from the roller, roll the bolt on a flat surface and see if it is bent. If the bolt had come loose in the plunger, it is easy for the threaded end of this bolt to bend. If straight, be sure the both the inside and outside of the roller are lubed with grease. Check the cam bolted to the toolhead, make sure there are no burrs on the edge that contacts the roller.

Next, push in on the plunger with your finger and see if it moves freely in the housing.

Now, go to page 31 in the manual,upper left hand corner, titled "Super 1050 casefeed sub assemblies". BE sure the roll pin #13972 is in place. This roll pin keeps the spring from kinking too severely.

Finally, remove the black plastic housing, check for debris, such as tumbling media, 22 rimfire cases, etc caught in behind the plunger. The sides of the plunger should be lightly greased.

FYI, when I state grease I mean sticky lube that is in a solid state. Don't use oil, break free, WD-40 or other substitutes. WE use lithium based wheel bearing grease, but anything above vaseline is acceptable. :ph34r: