Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2006 South Carolina Section Championship

Reminder - the match is this weekend. The weather reports are good - Sunny and around 83 degrees. 8 stages, 200 rounds +. We are an STI contigency match.

I think Linda can squeeze a couple of people in on Friday. Also, she could use a couple of ROs (shoot on Friday, work Saturday). Awards banquet (with a bar) follow the match. Prize drawings, etc.

I look forward to seeing everyone there. Take care.

BTW, we will have our answer to Bruce's Chair Stage.... :D

Edited by Jack Suber

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will there be a check in at the hotel Friday??

Seeya Saturday Jack,

Folks,

We might get wet :o . The weatherman changed his story. So, bring some rain gear to be on the safe side.

Jack

Jack,

Good luck this weekend! I hope that you guys have a dry match! I'll keep a lookout for the match results next week.

Chad

Match results are posted (a bit late -- we had this party. . .) on http://LChico.5u.com

I will post on USPSA's site as soon as I get an upload password -- I forgot to request one in advance.

The weather was wet but not impossible. Now that it's over & I have a chance to see the kind of really bad weather from all the areas around us, I think we were pretty fortunate. Some things ran slower and certainly were less comfortable, but no hail, really high winds or tornados.

Congratulations to all our division & class winners (and especially our impressive group of junior shooters!).

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 SC State Match Statistician (& head cook & bottle washer)

Edited by LChico

Linda and the rest of the South Carolina section members....

Congratulations on a Job well done! be proud of yourselves.

From the sidelines it appears to have been a great match, sorry I had to miss it. :(

A few congrats here....

To all the division winners, class winners and anyone else who had a good time!

And an extra to the Army Marksmanship Unit.

Travis for his fine performance, Max for another great showing(I see Chriss Tilley shot LTD too) in Limited....man one shot! <_< Lee for accepting and stepping up to a great challenge, and Robby for really working his ARSE off...It shows now!(5th overall Production)

Also an extra to the Revolver Division.....who by the way was NOT the smallest division at the match :blink: .

Master Walsh sorta ran away from the rest of the crew, but they did not just let him have it without a fight.

Richard Timberlake....NOTICE he's a Super Senior....(67%) and Nemo (65%) Kept the pressure on, and if had Cliff messed up THEY would have been right there.

You wheelgunners, take note of Richard......Age and Treachory generally overcomes Youth and Innocence(Normally I put Ignorance but that doesn't fit the bill here) ;)

Glad all had a good time, Congrats on a fine match!

Hopalong

Linda,

Looks like the Revolver results may be for just one stage?

Sorry I had to miss this one. A great match.

http://lchico.5u.com/sc-match/sc-match-f.html

Oops. Fixed it. ima45dv8 has been to the "after party" in SC before, and you know that at 3:00 am last night I was lucky I remembered I had to post results. And remembered how to find my computer.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 SC Match Statistician

Very nice match, and congrats to the staff for the hard work in rainy conditions...I know it's no fun pasting in the rain, dealing with bags, etc., and they were cheerful and positive.

I had a pretty rough match, but still had fun, and enjoyed meeting DaVita, Strader, Suber and a couple other Benos members, and look forward to trying again next year!

ima45dv8 has been to the "after party" in SC before, and you know that at 3:00 am last night I was lucky I remembered I had to post results. And remembered how to find my computer.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 SC Match Statistician

:lol::lol::lol:

Just got back in JAX from after a wet SC Section. What a great time! Yeah, I'm the guy with the same shirt as his two kids and who couldn't stop smiling!! :D:D

To "mi hermano" Jack Suber, my host, and his lovely wife: 1,000,000 DE GRACIAS!!

To the rest of the staff: Thanks for your excellent effort and service! See you next year!

Linda, thanx for "making it personal" for all of us, like you told me in the after-party while Travis was doing his public address... :lol: Thank you for making it possible for me to enjoy this match with Nelson, Jr. and Francisco!

The revolver squad had the honor of shooting together with 3 juniors, John Suber, Nel, and Fran. Watch out for those 3!!

During the match I had the chance to put faces to forum members Megan and Turtle. At the banquet shared table with Cliff, Luke, Timberlake and with Cy and Chris Patty. Cy, very nice to see you again and Chris, although I didn't introduced myself, it was good to put a face to the website where I get some of my stuff!

Met Jake DiVita at the afterparty, Steve Moneypenny was there too but didn't get to talk to him. The Army team had a good time at the party, specially Travis...

Will definitely do this match again next year. Hopefully the weather will cooperate.

It was great, everybody!

I must agree with Nemo. Great match all around. I little rain did not dampen our spirits. The Revolver Super Squad could not be stopped :D

Linda: great job as always, Already looking forward to next year.

Jack, John, Nelson Jr, and Francisco it was great to shoot with you guys. Now we just need to get revos in the hands of the up and coming juniors....

Sandra; always a pleasure.... seeya in GA.....wooooooooohooooooooo

Thanks to all the ROs who pasted and set steel in the rain so we could sit under cover and complain about the rain. Great work.

Congrats to all the winners.

Congratulations to all of the match winners!

I couldn't help but notice a slight discrepancy in the match results... For Production Class, Robby Johnson is listed as High Military. Doesn't Edwin Gideons shoot for the AF team? It would appear that he would take High Military in Production (3rd place vs. 5th place). No offense intended to anyone, just curious...

I couldn't help but notice a slight discrepancy in the match results... For Production Class, Robby Johnson is listed as High Military. Doesn't Edwin Gideons shoot for the AF team? It would appear that he would take High Military in Production (3rd place vs. 5th place). No offense intended to anyone, just curious...

You're right. Edwin is the high Military shooter in Production. Edwin never actually sent in an application. Because of his obligations to the military, he wasn't sure he would be able to shoot the match until 2 days before it started. He shot Friday, because Saturday was full at that point.

Since Military & Law Enforcement categories are no longer supported by the scoring system, I had to use slips of paper where shooters circled the appropriate categories. Edwin's application & check were still in my "add" file & I missed counting him in the Military category. I have corrected this on-line & will send Edwin a framed certificate. Law Enforcement & Military are honorary categories at our match. No check or plaque, but recognition at the awards banquet & a framed certificate.

Linda Chico (L-2035)

2006 SC State Match Statistician

Last year was the first and only time (so far) I've been able to attend the SC Sectional. And I know if you folks had half as good a time as I did you're still grinning from ear to ear!

Congrats to all the winners and I hope to see all of you next year (or at Area6 next month!).

*In case y'all haven't caught it yet Linda and the rest of the staff are truly a class act!

...Mark

Linda,

And the crew of RO, and all the other people that work their butt off to make this happen, THANK YOU ALL, this was my first trip to SC and I can say without a double I will be back. You realy had a great crew put together.

Luke

I want to thank everyone who made it to the match. Sorry about the weather. It was good to meet all of the new faces from the forum.

I want to give a special thanks to the Crew who worked the match. We have a core group in our section that we depend on to keep our matches going. They are always there I am proud of the work they did. I also want to thank our out-of-state volunteers - too many to name. Thanks guys. Y'all are the ones who keep this sport going. My job is easy compared to what these people do.

There are a few people that I want to point out - Tom Thompson, Julie Holling, Donnie Bryson, Bobby Crump, Tim Daugherty, and of course, Linda Chico. These folks have been working for weeks to put this match on. They have gone above and beyond the call of duty over many years. They are the reasons I have stuck to this sport.

I also have to tell y'all that I lost a bet I made in a previous post: This was the first South Carolina match that Linda scored entirely with the new scoring system. I bet that she would have the final scores out in about 20 minutes. Well, I was wrong. She had them in 4 minutes of receiving the last scoresheet! Tom and Julie say that is not her best time (they say she has actually gotten the scores out within 1 minute of receiving the last scoresheet). Hmmm. I'll have to verify that. ;) Regardless, she's a GM when it comes to scoring and organizing a match.

As a father of a junior shooter, I think it was awesome to see so many junior shooters at the match. I don't have the final count but I know of 8. Congrats to Nelson Colon Jr. for winning High Junior Limited and 2nd D. His old man was first C Revolver. Our open State Champion was a Junior Shooter - Josh Sightler! I had the most fun shooting with Nelson's boys and my son. Luke, Cliff, Richard, et al., thanks for being patient with the kids. We had a good time shooting with y'all. We look forward to seeing y'all at the A6. Sandra (Woohoo!!!!) O. will be with us.

Again, thanks to everyone who made this happen. Next year - same time, same place (April 13 - 14th). Hope to see y'all there.

post-950-1144678564.jpg

Congrats to Jack Suber and Cliff Walsh and the rest of the winners.

Cliff, you shooting Ruskin next week?

Chad

Chad,

Thanks, but I didn't win anything this time. I tanked Stage 1 :angry: . It was the highest point stage - a pretty long field course. My last mag fell out of my mag pouch and into the soaked sand (the curse of shooting L10). I needed it for the last position - 8 shots. I had to pick it up and try to make it shoot in the gun. I couldn't make it go into battery and when it finally did, I was in single shot mode. Oh well.

Thanks anyway. See you at the A6.

Edited by Jack Suber