Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Icore Question

cooper_999

I´m looking forward to shoot the AUS ICORE Postal Match (my first ICORE match... :) ) on tuesday with a team-mate. To optimize the usage of the stage setup, we want to shoot both, Limited and Open. Is there a special rule, which one to shoot first? Like set up Stage 1, shoot Open first and then Limited, set up Stage 2, shoot Open etc. etc.

Thanks for your help,

DVC!

Sascha

It doesn't matter what Division you start in.

Shoot one, go to the safety area and change guns, shoot the other.

And a score sheet for each division too !!!!!!

I personally would start in the division i was the strongest in.

For me that would be Lim. I suck with optics.

Edited by D.carden

It doesn't matter what Division you start in.

Shoot one, go to the safety area and change guns, shoot the other.

I personally would start in the division i was the strongest in.

For me that would be Lim. I suck with optics.

Thanks! That was fast.... :) For me it´s also Limited, because I do it more often. But I like to shoot open as well (even if I´m slower with the trick-gun sometimes.. :wacko: )

I´ve made the experience, that I´m faster with the limited gun when I shot open before, because I´m more aggressive and faster on the trigger with the open8 and I´m transporting this behavior to the lim gun.

DVC!

Sascha

Edit for the score-sheet:

I´ve already printed out 4 sets of sheets! ;)

Edited by cooper_999

Go for it Sascha, What Dan said. You did notice that they are actually only two set ups. One plan could be have the open targets set up then clip the hardcover on them for the next stage. So you could shoot two stages with one gun before you had to switch. But you probably already thought of that. Good luck and good shooting. rdd

Go for it Sascha, What Dan said. You did notice that they are actually only two set ups. One plan could be have the open targets set up then clip the hardcover on them for the next stage. So you could shoot two stages with one gun before you had to switch. But you probably already thought of that. Good luck and good shooting. rdd

B)

Thanks Bubber - yep, my plan was to shoot first the open ones and then paint them for the hardcover run (first Stage 2, then St. 1, 4, 3), cause I´ve only fifteen targets.... :huh:

Usually, I´m using IPSC targets (Classic one, not the one with the "bad, bad" headbox... :ph34r:, that one is not allowed in Germany). This wil be the first time to shoot on the Tombstone Target. Let´s see, how this is working.... :blink:

I´ll tell you.... ;)

Are there any times already available to be considered "good" for the PM?

DVC!

Sascha

B)

Thanks Bubber - yep, my plan was to shoot first the open ones and then paint them for the hardcover run (first Stage 2, then St. 1, 4, 3), cause I´ve only fifteen targets.... :huh:

Usually, I´m using IPSC targets (Classic one, not the one with the "bad, bad" headbox... :ph34r:, that one is not allowed in Germany). This wil be the first time to shoot on the Tombstone Target. Let´s see, how this is working.... :blink:

I´ll tell you.... ;)

DVC!

Sascha

Not allowed in Germany??? Is there a penalty is for being in possesion of a target with a head?

I could never understand why they call the PC target "classic"? Dave B)

B)

I´ll tell you.... ;)

DVC!

Sascha

Sascha, got no times for us yet, Waltermitty will be setting the Australian Open//err I mean postal match the fourth Saturday in February. Hey if you ever get to a town called Bad Kissingen tell them I said hey. but please don't tell them where I am. I lived on top of a guesthouse (spelling is wrong) in a small town near there. (Popenrhoterhau, spelling is also not right) from what I remember I had a lot of fun. It was 1974 so the statute of limitations might be over, but don't want to take any chances.

Sascha, got no times for us yet, Waltermitty will be setting the Australian Open//err I mean postal match the fourth Saturday in February. Hey if you ever get to a town called Bad Kissingen tell them I said hey. but please don't tell them where I am. I lived on top of a guesthouse (spelling is wrong) in a small town near there. (Popenrhoterhau, spelling is also not right) from what I remember I had a lot of fun. It was 1974 so the statute of limitations might be over, but don't want to take any chances.

Hey Bubber,

I know it - I´ve had a half year project 2004 in Schweinfurt, just a few Kilometers away - did you spend your Army time there? I´ve had a very nice weekend (Christmas Party) in Bad Kissingen in ~1999 with the company, I´ve formerly worked for .....I´ve looked like that: :wacko: on this Sunday then.... :lol:

DVC!

Sascha

@Heartco - yep, you do not have to understand this - it´s also not understandable for us Germans - there are a lot of not understandable things in our legal gun-rules.... :angry: the forbidden targets are part of this...

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Oh boy, what did I do.....trying ICORE :wub:

That was coooooooool! Me and Markus Schneider (those guys competing at WS XIV might remember him) had really big, big fun shooting the AUS ICORE Postal Match today. It was something completly new - three shots on one target, the NRA Target, X-Ring tactics etc. etc.

I just came home, put my Revos in the safe and started the PC, to share my pleasure with you.... ;)

Now I have to check the score-sheets and send them to Australia. I´m sure - the second AUS Postal Match we are in, too!!!!!

That rocks!

DVC!

Sascha

Hey Bubber,

I know it - I´ve had a half year project 2004 in Schweinfurt, just a few Kilometers away - did you spend your Army time there? I´ve had a very nice weekend (Christmas Party) in Bad Kissingen in ~1999 with the company, I´ve formerly worked for .....I´ve looked like that: :wacko: on this Sunday then.... :lol:

DVC!

Sascha

Sascha, Yea I spent 3 years there with my "Uncle Sam". There was a town called Meinningen, just accross the border then, and it had a public pool. On the life guard post there was a smiley face on it, which seemed weird. Not that I spent much time looking at the pool nor the scantily clad women there. B)

Hey Bubber,

DVC!

Sascha

Sascha, Yea I spent 3 years there with my "Uncle Sam". There was a town called Meinningen, just accross the border then, and it had a public pool. On the life guard post there was a smiley face on it, which seemed weird. Not that I spent much time looking at the pool nor the scantily clad women there. B)

Yeah Bub', we need to carpool over to visit Sascha and shoot some Revo with him. It sounds like we were all in and around the same places. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Of course, Mrs. WalterMitty would throw a fit if I didn't take her to *THAT* match.... ;)

Yeah Bub', we need to carpool over to visit Sascha and shoot some Revo with him. It sounds like we were all in and around the same places. Wouldn't that be a hoot? Of course, Mrs. WalterMitty would throw a fit if I didn't take her to *THAT* match.... ;)

you´re always welcome.... ;) And I´m sure that Mrs. Back will find a suitable alternative schedule for Mrs. WalterMitty (e.g. shopping and sight-seeing in Heidelberg or something like that - but I fear, this will be more expensive than your complete ammo for a week shooting.... :D )

• 3 weeks later...

B)

I´ll tell you.... ;)

DVC!

Sascha

Sascha, Just shot (and I use the term loosely) the match to day. It was deceptively hard. Especially the Half Hard stage. Waltermitty was the only one of us that shot it with no misses. I guess I will have to redeem myself at the ICORE Midwest Regional next Saturday in Tontitown. My scores were as follows.

Open / Limited Name Stg 1 Stg 2 Stg 3 Stg 4

Open Roger Davis 2.06 33.56 38.61 47.46

Total 121.69

Sascha, Just shot (and I use the term loosely) the match to day. It was deceptively hard. Especially the Half Hard stage. Waltermitty was the only one of us that shot it with no misses. I guess I will have to redeem myself at the ICORE Midwest Regional next Saturday in Tontitown. My scores were as follows.

Open / Limited Name Stg 1 Stg 2 Stg 3 Stg 4

Open Roger Davis 2.06 33.56 38.61 47.46

Total 121.69

:D

My results were:

Competitor Division Stage 1 Stage 2 Stage 3 Stage 4 Total

Sascha Back Limited 3,85 30,52 39,85 45,91 120,13

Sascha Back Open 0,73 34,92 35,82 41,24 112,71

I shoot it a little bit to much IPSC style - too fast - I´ve got too much B´s and C´s. Also two misses on the hardcover stage 3.... Next time I´ll focus more on precision.

regards,

Sascha

(I´lll PM you the details....;) )