Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Jersey

ALRAY

Wow and I was planning on shooting at Old Bridge for the first time this season (Ltd) after carefull consideration (and some information about transport of guns and ammunition into NJ).

Looks like that is a N0-GO once again. I feel for the guys/gals of NJ now who shoot Open and Ltd as well as the 3-gun guys/gals as well as the future for the gamers of NJ. Sad day indeed.

Ya think it will worry the bangers and thugs?

And to think I just bought an STI frame to build a limited gun. There are so many great things about NJ it is just to bad that evil men like John Corzine can get themselves elected time and time again.

I guess it is time to sell that STI frame and move on to greener pastures. :(

Applicable to this thread... Words from George Washington's farewell address.

All obstructions to the execution of the laws, all combinations and associations, under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities, are destructive of this fundamental principle, and of fatal tendency. They serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of a party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public administration the mirror of the ill-concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common counsels and modified by mutual interests.

However combinations or associations of the above description may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.

I hate that I got an email from a sheep of an NJ IDPA shooter who was not angry at this, since IDPA has a 10 round limit and he shoots 1911 anyway

To me this is the equivalent of the Trap shooters not minding the Clinton ban cause his perazzi's are safe. A horrible, horrible way to think.

Very embarrasing.

Ted

I hate that I got an email from a sheep of an NJ IDPA shooter who was not angry at this, since IDPA has a 10 round limit and he shoots 1911 anyway

To me this is the equivalent of the Trap shooters not minding the Clinton ban cause his perazzi's are safe. A horrible, horrible way to think.

Very embarrasing.

Ted

+1

Wow. Talk about short sighted! The "I got mine - F*#K You" attitude will lead us all a little further down the path to No Guns for private citizens..... <_<

Ted

That is very suprising Ted. Since IDPA is so damn small in NJ I doubt there is a shooter that I don't know unless he is from South Jersey and shoots only in the Philly area matches. I can only think of two guys off the top of my head that shoot single stacks to the exclusion of all others and one of them is mad as hell about this change. The other is a flake.

Rubberneck,

What clubs do you shoot at? (I don't know your real name)

FWIW there are two IDPA clubs in Central NJ, not a lot of people know that. I get truckloads of NJ shooters at Easton since we pretty much sit on the border. Sciota gets their share too.

I'm not going to rat the dude out because while i plan on giving him a piece of my mind next time I see him, it is not right to let other people see the text of emails or PM's without permission, even if it is done by other people.

It is possible that while he did not express outrage at the rule he is feeling it. Didn't seem that way though.

Ted

Edited by Ted Murphy

Rubberneck,

What clubs do you shoot at? (I don't know your real name)

FWIW there are two IDPA clubs in Central NJ, not a lot of people know that. I get truckloads of NJ shooters at Easton since we pretty much sit on the border. Sciota gets their share too.

I'm not going to rat the dude out because while i plan on giving him a piece of my mind next time I see him, it is not right to let other people see the text of emails or PM's without permission, even if it is done by other people.

It is possible that while he did not express outrage at the rule he is feeling it. Didn't seem that way though.

Ted

You know my name Ted as I was one of the unlucky few who's Pa. match fee was lost at the last minute.

I haven't shot your match but SO (including you and Melissa once or twice) at Somerset and shoot at Sciota and Phillipsburg regularly enough to know all those guys by name and face. I don't expect you to rat anyone out but it really does suprise me because I can't think of anyone from NJ that shoots nothing but singlestacks and would have an devil may care attitude about the new law. I will not ask you who it is but if I knew they would get an ear full from me.

Regards

Pete

Applicable to this thread... Words from George Washington's farewell address.

All obstructions to the execution of the laws, all combinations and associations, under whatever plausible character, with the real design to direct, control, counteract, or awe the regular deliberation and action of the constituted authorities, are destructive of this fundamental principle, and of fatal tendency. They serve to organize faction, to give it an artificial and extraordinary force; to put, in the place of the delegated will of the nation the will of a party, often a small but artful and enterprising minority of the community; and, according to the alternate triumphs of different parties, to make the public administration the mirror of the ill-concerted and incongruous projects of faction, rather than the organ of consistent and wholesome plans digested by common counsels and modified by mutual interests.

However combinations or associations of the above description may now and then answer popular ends, they are likely, in the course of time and things, to become potent engines, by which cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.

Merlin,

Thanks for posting this. Very fitting. It's unfortunate to think that today's politicians are supposedly following in our forefathers' footsteps. It's even more unfortunate that given the state of education in this country today, most average voters can't even comprehend what you posted or the implications of what has just happened to us in NJ. Case in point - the guy who wrote Ted Murphy saying he doesn't care because it doesn't affect him.

Rubberneck,

Here's an idea. Become a Redneck. Just think of all the money that you could save on taxes alone. More to buy guns with!! B)

Not a bad idea but I am a yankee through and through. You think the south could handle another transplanted yank? :P