Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Cheap Office Chairs

Middle Man

I hate cheap office chairs. :angry: The second chair in 6 months just stripped a bolt and darn near dumped me ankles over ears in the floor.

Good thing I have some reflexes left and the stiffness was gone after falling off my buddies roof Sunday (favors can be dangerous).

So get a decent one. About 5-6 years the place I work at had some spare money they had to spend before the end of the fiscal year and a we got a batch of Aeron chairs. It was almost of joke with most of us laughing at the waste of money for plastic mesh chairs, which we didnt think would last more then 6months. ALL of the chairs are still in use. I park my fat ass in one for most of my work day. I've gained and lost some weight along the way but for parts of it life, that chair supported my top weight of 320lb. It is by far the most comfortable chair I have ever sat in. I use it as I type this an the only problem it has developed over the years is that the plastic knobs that tighten the arm rest adjustment are getting a bit loose.

A good chair is worth the money you pay for it.

Ergonomics are where it's at. If you sit in a chair and work... it's foolish to buy anything less than the most comfortable and best quality chair around. After 8 or 10 hrs... a cheap chair actually hurts your productivity, every day you lose more $$ from having to get up and walk off the stiffness from a cheap chair than the additional cost of a really good one.

My .02 :)

Office furnature reseller. = thats the ticket. I have a $395.00/ chair for $50 I got it at a used office store. They buy in bulk from office buildings, I had to bolt the back back on it

But it is grate i have less low back problems too. If I had known just how a Good Chair can be in the long run I would have spent the extra $$ years ago and saved my back.

I spend most of the day on my feet but at night I do my office stuff, and after working / paper / computer working is not so bad

I do hate spending $$$$ that could go to shooting though

Quality chairs are nice but I can't tell you where the line is for quality or over priced as I think it is a very thin line.

I have a back injury from an auto accident many years ago. I spend all day at a desk doing computer drafting back then and web and other programming now. My doctor said I needed a good chair and told me what I needed to get. It's a $1K German engineered (by a doctor) & built Grahl chair.

Don't get me wrong it's a great chair but the 1K was a bit overkill.

Quality chairs are nice but I can't tell you where the line is for quality or over priced as I think it is a very thin line.

I have a back injury from an auto accident many years ago. I spend all day at a desk doing computer drafting back then and web and other programming now. My doctor said I needed a good chair and told me what I needed to get. It's a $1K German engineered (by a doctor) & built Grahl chair.

Don't get me wrong it's a great chair but the 1K was a bit overkill.

if the doctor gives you a Phx for it is a tax write off it that would help. Do you have room in you office for two chairs? switching chairs mid day can help//? but I am no Dr.

My contractor / Layman's test is to lay back in the chair all the way with my arms stretched way out over my head, if the chair is stabel and comfortable like that thin it is pretty good. A cheep one will wobble side to side and front to back.

I am pushing 50 take care of your self do what the Dr says, or get a new DR

I Hate Cheep Chairs!!

I have been looking at getting a good office chair for awhile now. I REALLY like the Nightingale CXO, but at $700 I haven't been able to pull the trigger. I have sat in a co-workers Herman Miller, which goes for about $800, and it's AWSOME.