Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock Bomar installation - who, where?

sfinney

I've heard that according to some, "low mounting" Bomars on Glocks is acceptable for Production - does anyone know who performs the milling well, and reasonably? Also, does this low mount use the standard BCMS sight, or the flat version that screws on, rather than using a dovetail?

And is this definitely legal, or will it bump into Limited?

It is legal.

It won't be very cheap though.  The Glock slides are hard.  Milling them is supposed to be tough on the equipment and takes extra time.  Expect to pay for this.

I think that Matt at Custome Glock Racing does this work.  I do not know the quality.  I assume it would be good, or he would make it right.  He has an online reputation to uphold...and, I don't recall ever seeing anyone that has been upset with his work.

EGW performs this service also.  I think it is $175 for the full "low mount" installation.  Go to:

http://www.egw-guns.com

and look under gunsmith services and then Glocks under various other guns.  George is a great guy and I'm sure he would be happy to discuss the work with you.

(Edited by DBChaffin at 4:13 pm on Feb. 20, 2002)

The problem with the Bomar sight for Glocks (besides hanging off the back end of the slide) is that it sits so tall on top of the slide, requiring HUGE front sights.  

Maybe I should just put an adjustable MMC on it, and be done with it.     ;)

[blasphemy Mode ON]

Do you really NEED adjustable sights in Production?  I'm just running fixed sights and don't have any POI issues.  It seems like a whole lot of time, effort and moolah to put in a gun for a division that isn't that competitive anyway.  

E

Shtr40, the taller front sight isn't a big deal.  I have Dawson's fiber-optic that measures .275" tall.  Yes it's higher than most guns, but combined with Glocks lower bore-axis, it's a very natural feeling sighting system.  I like it, and that's not because I spent $$ on it.  Hell I've got AshleyO's and MMC's in the junk drawer because if this Bomar/Dawson set-up.

Eric, you are probably right....too bad.  The street-gun Nats will be attractive to great shooters, but most will be shooting Lim-10. (TravisT, LisaM)

Hey Brian, you shooting Lim-10 this year?  Between you and Travis, Robert gotta be nervous.....

(Edited by TDean at 8:44 pm on Feb. 26, 2002)

EricW, are you running stock sights on your Glock, or aftermarket fixed sights?

I have a Fiberoptic "Hi-Vis" on the front which measures @ .165 high, I'm afraid if I stick on a fixed sight it won't be the right height - I was looking at a Heinie fixed, but they reccommend a .210 or higher front sight - so I thought of the MMC.

Buy the way I shoot different loads from the gun, with 2 barrels, so an adjustable sight is probably needed (Minor and Major).

Thanks for the help!

TDean - I'll take a look at Dawson's sight. Thanks!

S40,

I'm running a set of 2nd hand Trijicons on mine.  (I shoot my actual carry gun in Production.)

I have no clue about mixing and matching fiber optics with regular fixed sights.  It's probably going to be problematic - just like you suspect.  

Eric

• 3 weeks later...

Thats the coolest looking sight install on a Glock that I have ever seen!

I just can't figure out how its held in?

Wouldn't you have to mill off the dovetail on the sight to slide it in from the back and if thats done what holds it in?

A setscrew?

Are the heights different between the two?

It looks as if the "milled" BoMar installation just brings the assembly foward and  flush with the back of the slide.  Does it also lower it too?  Dawson's website lists 3 different front-sight heights for the Glock: Std, Heinie and BoMar.

Glock_5.jpg