Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcat Holster And Mag Pouch Opinions

nhglyn

I did a search and didn't really find what I needed so here goes:

I am currently using a CR Speed holster, pouches, and belt with my Brazos Open gun. It is OK but I am not crazy about the muzzle being covered or held in place with the little knob. I have been looking at the Limcat holster and pouches.

Can I please get the opinions of those who use a Limcat setup what they like or dislike about them? Is there any drag when drawing a gun from the Limcat? Do you find your draw to be quicker using this setup? Can you adjust it lower than the CR Speed, as I like the gun to sit lower? Does the gun sit close to the body or away from the body so you do not snag it on your clothing? And importantly, can the lock be knocked off by clothing or accidental contact thereby allowing the gun to fall?

How about the mag pouches (I have STI mags)? Is the tension adjustable? Anyone experience dropped mags while running? How is your reload from them compared to a CR Speed pouch?

Also, if purchased, can I use the CR Speed belt with them or is it too thick? If not, who makes a good 2 piece belt setup that will accomodate the Limcat holster and pouches?

Any other comments and opinions are most appreciated. Thanks for the help.

Edited by nhglyn

I have used both set ups and I would REALLY recommend using the CR Speed rig.

You can use the belt with the Limcat equipment.

The CR Speed is as fast as any other holster on the market.

On the Limcat mag pouches, the tension is NOT adjustable. I always had the problem of out running mags during stages, which I have never done with CR Speed.

I'm with Jake—stick with what you have. However, if you really don't like the CRSpeed holster, get the Guga Ribas. Worlds better than the Limcat. The CR belt is the best available and the CR pouches are right up there with anything else available.

I love the limcat holster! I've seen tension issues with the Gugas Ribas so I wouldn't recommend it. I wear the CR Belt under the Limcat Holster and mag pouches.

My draw time dropped in half when I first switched to the Limcat....

I have first generation Limcat mag pouches, so I have very little adjustability but I've never lost a mag out of one!

I use the new Limcat holster and pouches on a CR Speed belt for my open gun and like it a lot. The pouches holds the mags tight but it's not tension adjustable, I think it rocks once you get use to it. I also use a CR Speed rig for my 1911 with Safariland pouches; very comfortable to use. Comparing the two, I like the adjustability of the Limcat better, what I don't like about it now (I'm sure I'll get over it over time) is that I have to make sure I'm holstering the gun properly; unlike the CR Speed where you just shoot the gun into the cup and click it back. As far as drawing speed, I think both are pretty much the same. Hope this helps.

I use the Limcat holster and mag pouches. The holster is nice but you have to be careful. If you wear a coat or bump something it's pretty easy to knock off the lock. The mag pouches are real nice when new but the problem with them is that after alot of use they start losing tension. Dropped a couple mags this last year.

If you already have CR Speed stuff I'd stick with it. Im pretty sure I'll be changing soon.

Jim

If your dead set on the Limcat stuff maybe we could work out a trade. :)

Limcat Holster

(4) Limcat mag pouches

Jim

The mag pouches are real nice when new but the problem with them is that after alot of use they start losing tension. Dropped a couple mags this last year.

Ditto. I dropped a few too many mags last year with my Limcat pouches. I switched to Safarilands + knob so I can really tighten them down, but I probably should have taken a closer look at the CR Speed pouches.

PS. The Limcat mag pouches are sorta adjustable... the adjustment depends on how far you shove the mag into the pouch. Maybe that was my problem... I probably shoved them in too far too many times.

Nothing says your mag pouches and holster have to come from the same maker.

CR Speed belt, Guga Ribas holster (tension issues?), and safariland 773 mag pouches. I don't like anything at all about the CR Speed mag pouches. I have 2 and use 1 for my barney mag only.