Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SCSA - Reminder: 2025 Classification (Percentage) Changes

Hoops

Reminder: In just a few weeks the automatic dropping best-of scores from 2022 will occur.  New calculations will be based on 2023, 2024 and 2025 best-of scores.

Percentage will change but Letters will not.  I had planned on shooting more PCCO in 2024 but after shooting more CO I’ve ran out of time.  

2 minutes ago, Matt1911 said:

Probably good that some of my old scores get lost…

I get it…..but maybe not if you drop some of your fastest stages.

BTW….what confuses me a bit is how someone who hasn’t shot SCSA match in years can still be in the top 20 bases on percentage.  

4 minutes ago, Hoops said:

I get it…..but maybe not if you drop some of your fastest stages.

BTW….what confuses me a bit is how someone who hasn’t shot SCSA match in years can still be in the top 20 bases on percentage.  

but why wouldnt you want to be classed based on your current abilities ?  Whats the point of using high scores you got 2 years ago if you cant do it any more ?

24 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

but why wouldnt you want to be classed based on your current abilities ?

The scale doesn't go down if you used to be B class and now have a C class average you are still classed in B.

24 minutes ago, Joe4d said:

Whats the point of using high scores you got 2 years ago if you cant do it any more ?

Because some shooters worked hard to get those averages and have some pride in their accomplishments. 

1 hour ago, Bosshoss said:

The scale doesn't go down if you used to be B class and now have a C class average you are still classed in B.

Because some shooters worked hard to get those averages and have some pride in their accomplishments. 

the accomplishment didnt go away.. 

22 hours ago, Hoops said:

Reminder: In just a few weeks the automatic dropping best-of scores from 2022 will occur.  New calculations will be based on 2023, 2024 and 2025 best-of scores.

I consider January to be more than "just a few weeks" away.

Few In terms of “match weeks” or available matches left, considering holidays and weather.  Regional for sure.

This post is merely a reminder.  For me, I’m evaluating the numerous guns/divisions I shoot relative to which ones to shoot over the next few/several weeks left this year.