What 40s&w Brass Won't You Reload

mcb

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

stay away from the amerc. i had a friend have 2 major blow outs at the mississippi match last year and both were amerc. i have been having good luck from federal nickle . i have used just about all the others even some s&b, but have primer seating issues with the s&b. i inspect all my brass then clean and inspect again looking for any defects at all.

stay away from the amerc. i had a friend have 2 major blow outs at the mississippi match last year and both were amerc. i have been having good luck from federal nickle . i have used just about all the others even some s&b, but have primer seating issues with the s&b. i inspect all my brass then clean and inspect again looking for any defects at all.

+1000 Stay away from Amerc

S&B 40 goes in the scrap pile as well. I've buckled the pressure ring with these cases more than once. So off they go to the scrap bucket.

I've got 1000s of new WW and Starline cases but I reload just about anything I pick up at the range...and use it in practice!Then I sort it by headstamps,check it for splits,close-to-unreadable stamps and use it in minor matches and leave it on the ground.I steer the hell clear from APC and Federal NT brass...the former's not so popular in Italy,while the latter,which comes straight from LE ranges Staside has ring-crimped primers pockets which are a real PITA...even if you do have a single-stage and a swaging tool...or a Dillon swager,for that matters!

GFL(Fiocchi) cases are a tad finicky sometimes but I kinda like them.Speer and CCI are quite good but they split like hell.

Cheers

Manu

Anyone that has that S&B brass that don't want it, can send it to me.. I know how to fix that tight primer pocket problem!

Dillon Super Swage or the Lee primer tool work well for S&B ;)

The only problems I have had with S&B is some of the cases are steel, coated in brass.

Edited by kaiserb

Anyone that has that S&B brass that don't want it, can send it to me.. I know how to fix that tight primer pocket problem!

Dillon Super Swage or the Lee primer tool work well for S&B ;)

The only problems I have had with S&B is some of the cases are steel, coated in brass.

They sure are and you can't tell it just from appearance. I've got a real strong little magnet mounted in a dowel rod...stir it around and it'll suck the counterfeits out in a heartbeat.

• 3 weeks later...
Won't use the Federal with the headstamp of "FC". Lots of separations with this brass.

Using the nickel "Federal" headastamp brass with good results.

barry B)

Does anyone know if the problems with "FC" head stamp is only with 40S&W or is 10mm "FC" brass affected also?

Thanks

Dale