Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas star, kansas july match

This is gonna be interesting,, I know I swore off optics, but got 2 Texas star stages at next match,, with the way things looking may be last match of the year for me. Have never shot Texas star, or any movers with a revolver,,,  Not sure how to even simulate in practice....

Patience patience patience.  Most shoot them too fast. They aren’t putting one back to back are they?  That can get… interesting.  The last match we did in Missouri did that.  Wheeee.

I bought a Targets USA 6 arm star and use 4” plates though I have 6” as well.  Makes a regular star at a match easy, though the last one I shot at a match required 3 direct hits to take out 1 plate… 🤨

It's really not that tough, start at the top and work down one side.  If you're really good you can start at to go left and right and the start hardly moves.  But you need to be sure and fast.

Only 1 star at a time.

I have shot them with auto loaders, using both the top down and 3 oclock,,back in  the day when they were all the rage.

21 hours ago, MikeyScuba said:

Patience patience patience.  Most shoot them too fast. They aren’t putting one back to back are they?  That can get… interesting.  The last match we did in Missouri did that.  Wheeee.

I bought a Targets USA 6 arm star and use 4” plates though I have 6” as well.  Makes a regular star at a match easy, though the last one I shot at a match required 3 direct hits to take out 1 plate… 🤨

Did that happen to be Palmyra, Pa? LOL saw several have problems with that one!

It was an ICORE regional in Missouri in July.  Hottest muggiest match I’ve  been to.  First match I ever saw the loaded muzzle of a gun sweep us all as the on deck shooter shot targets out of order and swept everyone.  Then he threw his gun (down range) and swore up a storm for 10 minutes.

fun times.

🤣

Funny now. Probably not so much then!

Had a shooter trip while running past the gallery once. He rolled over (sweeping the entire gallery) and got up, fired 2 shots and said to the RO, "Guess I'm DQd huh?
Funny now.

1 hour ago, MikeyScuba said:

It was an ICORE regional in Missouri in July.  Hottest muggiest match I’ve  been to.  First match I ever saw the loaded muzzle of a gun sweep us all as the on deck shooter shot targets out of order and swept everyone.  Then he threw his gun (down range) and swore up a storm for 10 minutes.

fun times.

I was there too, he didn't get to finish the match.  Obviously a dq.  

Yep at that match I was applying theraworks for muscle cramps between stages.

We had a great match at Mill Creek yesterday. Dave did his usual masterful job of coordinating setup and running the match. There were 6 interesting courses that I thought were fun, even though I wasn't shooting well. We had a couple of out of town guys, John Hedlund and Caleb Klein, who were very fast. Sadly, I was on a different squad and didn't get to see them shoot. I hope they come back. I was able to salvage part of the day by going to a new barbecue place in DeSoto called Burnt End Barbecue. Overall, it was a good day.