Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alabama State Match?

bulm 540

it depends on which way you are coming in. guntersville is about the best bet. unless you are comeing fron the north.then you might wan't to stay in huntsville. it's about a 30 to 40 min. drive either way.

We're coming from Nashville.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bulm 540

it depends on which way you are coming in. guntersville is about the best bet. unless you are comeing fron the north.then you might wan't to stay in huntsville. it's about a 30 to 40 min. drive either way.

We're coming from Nashville.

If you're coming from Nashville, stay in Huntsville.

Once you leave Huntsville headed south on US431, there are very few decent hotels until you are well past the range (Guntersville).

I too would be curious to know how many shooters are expected.

Tls

Edited by tlshores

Can somebody post the Alabama match details: Registration schedule, shooters meeting and shooting times..

Rptstoy1

You can call Mike or give me a couple of days and I'll get the info posted here. Good request.

MHearn

Can somebody post the Alabama match details: Registration schedule, shooters meeting and shooting times.. We might drive early to the match on saturday morning from TN..thanks for any info..

Ditto...

From Mike Gettemy. Match director.

Registration will take place at the Range Saturday morning at 8:00 a.m. CST. First shots fired at 9:00.

Match will continue Sunday morning. First shots at 9:00. We should be finished shooting in the morning and done by 2:00 p.m.

went up to huntsville today an shot there club match.it looks like the ala. state match is going to be a good one. mike has put a really good match together. if you haven't signed up you are going to miss a good one.

r cash

Where is a hotel that is close to the range? We are coming from Greenville SC and have no idea what is available in the area. Suggestions???

Robbie

If your coming from Chattanooga, you probably would stay somewhere on Hwy 72 or in Huntsville on Hwy 231.

If your coming from Atlanta up through Gadsden, then you would probably stay in Guntersville on 431.

Let me know which way you plan on coming and I'll get a more detailed recommendation.

Mhearn

Coming from Atlanta, I'd stay in Guntersville, AL. Take 1-20 west to 431 North at Oxford. Through Gadsden. Its not a fun drive. I make it regularly. You will come down a big hill into Guntersville. You will see the lake in the distance (Pretty).

There is a Super 8 Motel at the bottom of the hill on the left. That's where we usually stay. Web site is Super 8 Motel Guntersville

You will come down a big hill into Guntersville.

That's quite an understatement Mark...folks there's a gravel pit several hundred yards long at the bottom of this "big hill" to catch trucks with brake failures and such. Not generally the kind of road side attraction found east of the Rockies, but it's better than running into the big, pretty lake. ;)

In case the Al match will have less than the number of shooters expected, is it possible for it to become a one day shoot instead of 2 days??? Just wanna make sure we don't waste an extra day of hotel reservation.. :unsure:

If we're sitting around wtih nothing to do, I'll run you myself. This is a serious offer, but I would not count on this being the case.

MHearn

Edited by mhearn