Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trigger shoes

Thought this might be a topic to toss around. How do you feel about trigger width, and smooth or serreatted. Iv got a number of Smiths and noticed that I have at least 3 possibly 4 different ones. I'm currently running a "narrow" one on my race guns, however the wide feels kinda good. What do you guys think 🤔 

I understand this is subjective  etc yada yada 

Posted (edited)

JM at one point recommended a narrow serrated trigger, past thinking was narrow and smooth.

I tried Jerry's idea and didn't find it helpful, I tried both narrow and wide serrated too.  I now run narrow smooth triggers and don't see they hurt anything.

I think it actually comes down to personal preference, kind of like what color do you like on your fiber optic front sight.  It matters more that you wear a blister on the finger with practice!

Edited by pskys2

51 minutes ago, Squirrel45 said:

Thought this might be a topic to toss around. How do you feel about trigger width, and smooth or serreatted. Iv got a number of Smiths and noticed that I have at least 3 possibly 4 different ones. I'm currently running a "narrow" one on my race guns, however the wide feels kinda good. What do you guys think 🤔 

I understand this is subjective  etc yada yada 

S45:

My experience.  The wider ones are better for activities where you have time to get a good finger placement and need really good precision.  Not good for fast draws because you will find your trigger finger has a much greater chance of hitting the side of the trigger.  The narrow ones seem to alleviate this problem.  Serrated or not -- never found a difference.

What I do when faced with a situation like this is to try both on my Mantis X system several times over several days and see which one is faster and gives a more precise pull.  

GG

I didn’t like the grooved trigger on my 625 and had it polished.  I liked it a lot better after that.  I prefer a bit wider trigger like those on a 686.   

Posted (edited)

My bro has an old M15 with the bullseye goodies on it. It has a super wide serrated trigger on it and while it feels nice I think it would be better if it was smooth. To me, and even on my narrow serrated ones I still prefer a smooth trigger. I feel the serrations make me pull off to the side if I’m not careful. Hey I gotta have some excuse for missing. 😁 Actually a smooth trigger that was sized and rounded to fit my finger pad would probably be the best. We fit grips to our hands, why not the trigger?

Edited by Farmer