Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Load data needed for mpx and jp5

I’m trying to work up a reliable USPSA load for my daughters recently acquired sig mpx 16” barrel gen 2 and  my dad’s recently acquired  JP5 steel challenge version 14 1/2 inch barrel with comp and 70 locker. 

I’m trying to keep things simple and use what I have unless someone would recommend a different bullet or powder that would be significantly better.

I have Everglade 115 full metal jacket bullets and Bayou Bullets 145 grain coated bullets. powder is n230. 

Anyone have a favorite load for either gun using 115 or 145 and n320?  
Thank

I use 115 FMJ from RMR in my MPX.  4.0 gr of AA2.  1.10 OL.  Soft shooting and reliable.  Most of the poly coated bullets I've tried need to have a really short OL.  The profile is fatter at the tip of the bullet and sticks in the lands of the MPX.  If you have N320 I would start at 3.9gr.  4.5 gr is a max load for N320.   Use the 115 gr Everglade and keep the OL to 1.10.  

The 70 degree locker should be fine with most everything as long as don’t want to shoot really soft rounds, like some syntec rounds. An 80 degree shoots everything.

I use 3.9 gr N320 with 124 RMR RN bullets set at 1.118. PF about 125. Accurate, flat, reliable.

Good luck.

I just started reloading about the same time I picked up my SIg MPX, 16" barrel for USPSA. I am using 147 Berry RN, 3.8 CFE Pistol, 1.136 OAL. I have had a couple jams and sometimes the trigger seems to lock for 1/2 second. TOday was the first time I had a double feed. THe RO told me today it appeared gases and sparks where coming out the port. I'm looking for any suggestions.