Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Echelon

I received my Echelon about a week ago (after the state quarantine). I have not made it to the range as yet, but my first impressions are good.

Red Hill Tactical was able to provide a holster.

The slide configuration is working well with hands having reduced strength.

The ability to take optical; sights will be explored.

More later.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking forward to your report. Particularly interested how the magazines shake out after seeing a number of mag related issues online. If this works out would love to see this in the IPSC approved list.

23 hours ago, DenC said:

Looking forward to your report. Particularly interested how the magazines shake out after seeing a number of mag related issues online. If this works out would love to see this in the IPSC approved list.

are you seeing something other than the base plates popping off? the baseplates was an assembly issue, and long resolved.

On 4/11/2024 at 9:32 PM, lefty o said:

are you seeing something other than the base plates popping off? the baseplates was an assembly issue, and long resolved.

If that was an assembly issue and if that's been resolved then that sounds good.

There is a video though of the round hanging up (FTF). Don't know if I can link the video here but its from the Youtube channel 3 of 7 Project. Look for their Echelon video. Don't know for sure if the issue was mag related but it was kinda unsettling if that happened to you.

It did fare well in the Trex arms video however IIRC, if a partially empty mag was dropped the remaining rounds in the mag get hung up or come loose inside the mag. Don't know if a tap-the-mag drill will sort out the issue, assuming you pick up the partially empty mag and need to use it again. I haven't been shooting double stacked 9mms for a very long time though I have dropped my Tanfoglio mags in competition and I think I never noticed this phenomenon yet on a partially empty Tanfoglio mag being dropped. Maybe dropped partially empty mags do that, I just haven't seen it for myself or noticed, at least not yet.

If I am going to get a new Poly-chassis gun this would be my top choice for now, but fortunately or unfortunately, have to wait a bit before getting one due to finances. Patience may be a good thing though for a new gun. Will also wait for the upcoming new czp10.

Edited by DenC

I have over 2k rounds in mine.   No issues whatsoever.

I use springer precision extended mags base.

Ammo includes factory and reloads.

No issues with JHP either.   Highly impressed with this gun

• 2 weeks later...

finally got out to run mine. some mods, patriot cnc comp, and a #16 recoil spring with aftermarket guide rod. runs great, no feed issues. only complaint i have is the magazine, and its just that they have a nub on the top front left that my thumb dont like when loading.