Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Slide milling for optic

Pat B.

I have a Gen 5 17 that was not a MOS model. Needed to have it milled and saw a recommendation here for Battlewerx.

Sent the slide to them and had it back in my hands so quickly I'm still amazed. And the SRO fit perfectly.

Great communication also!!!

I did the same with my Gen 2 17. I didn't want to ruin the OEM slide so I bought an aftermarket and sent it to Battlewerx to have it milled for a Vortex Venom. That was a few years back but they did a great job and turnaround was quick. That was my introduction to red dots. Unfortunately, that gun just kinda sits in the safe now.

11 hours ago, Pat B. said:

I have a Gen 5 17 that was not a MOS model. Needed to have it milled and saw a recommendation here for Battlewerx.

Sent the slide to them and had it back in my hands so quickly I'm still amazed. And the SRO fit perfectly.

Great communication also!!!

Can you direct mount to the slide now?   No plate?    

3 hours ago, Desk-Jockey said:

Can you direct mount to the slide now?   No plate?    

Thats correct. Usually direct milling is for a specific optic pattern. For in this case a SRO/RMR. You can get it milled to take on different plates for different optic plates

• 1 month later...

I had Tactical Ordnance, in Canada, do my second G34 slide and supply and install a Holosun and suppressor sights.  Reasonable cost and 2 weeks from the time it went to the post office to delivery to my door.

• 1 month later...

Nice!  Great to hear there are some good options out there that don’t take forever to turn things around.  Personally, I’ve always gone with just an aftermarket slide, but the cost difference is encouraging to go milled.  Especially if there are no plates.

I've had Battlewerx mill two different Glock slides for a Holosun 407/507 and both have been exceptional.  FYI, The Holosun 407/507 cut is exactly the same as the RMR cut.  Battlewerx confirmed this for me.  The only difference is the screws are different lengths.  Here's the Email from them:

"The cut is exactly the same for the RMR and the Holosun 507c/407c/508T/507Comp.

The only difference is the length of the mounting screws used for each make of optic.

The Holosun will use a 4-40 x 5/16" mounting screw and the Trijicon RMR uses a 4-40 x 3/8” mounting screws.

You can find both those screws available at the link below.

Pretty awesome that you're not tied to either optic.  

I just picked up a 17.5 that I will be sending to them to get milled.  

Here's a pic of the G19 I had milled and then had them refinish with Black Nitride.  Truely exceptional work and the optic fits perfect.... like it's made for it (cause it is).  They even install a channel liner at no charge on the two I've had done.  

G19 Battlewerx.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ryan N said:

Here's a pic of the G19 I had milled and then had them refinish with Black Nitride.  Truely exceptional work and the optic fits perfect.... like it's made for it (cause it is).  They even install a channel liner at no charge on the two I've had done.  

G19 Battlewerx.jpeg

Nice. After shearing screws on my MOS slide, I picked up a regular gen5-17 and sent it to BattleWerx to mill it for my SRO. I went with their cut all the way back with no rear sight and they did a great job. They have since done 3 other Glocks for me and I am very happy with the results. 

I've also used Maple Leaf Firearms in Texas for milling my Sig P365 slides and they also did a very god job.