Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS2 in Limited Optics

MikeNS

Why is this not more of a thing? Seems the TS2 would be a perfect platform to play in LO. Is there anything that I’m missing that would indicate otherwise? I see more S2’s in LO than I see TS2. 

My buddy came over yesterday and I got to see and hold his TS2. First time seeing the new version. Pretty fantastic! He is getting Scott to cut it for LO. It will be a beast. Fit and finish was great the checkering was very good. I liked it and am sure it will be a very good LO host. 

Being a relatively new CZ owner with only 3 of them right now, I would also think the TS2 would make a great platform if it was offered in an Optic Ready version.  I have an Optic Ready Shadow 2 and Shadow 2 Compact and both have SRO's on them.  They work just fine for me.  I also purchased an older TSO that is a fantastic pistol, but of course is not an Optic Ready version which seems quite odd.  For now I just installed an EGW plate in place of the rear sight and it works great, but it would be much nicer with a true optic cut slide.  CZ is kind of missing the boat by not having a TS2 Optic Ready model.  I know I would buy one and make it my 4th CZ.  Perhaps they have an Optic Ready TS2 in the wings waiting to surprise us.

Rick H.

18 hours ago, Motorcop said:

Being a relatively new CZ owner with only 3 of them right now, I would also think the TS2 would make a great platform if it was offered in an Optic Ready version.  I have an Optic Ready Shadow 2 and Shadow 2 Compact and both have SRO's on them.  They work just fine for me.  I also purchased an older TSO that is a fantastic pistol, but of course is not an Optic Ready version which seems quite odd.  For now I just installed an EGW plate in place of the rear sight and it works great, but it would be much nicer with a true optic cut slide.  CZ is kind of missing the boat by not having a TS2 Optic Ready model.  I know I would buy one and make it my 4th CZ.  Perhaps they have an Optic Ready TS2 in the wings waiting to surprise us.

Rick H.

Alot of people prefer to have a direct mount. Instead of have to use a plate. Another potential failure point with a plate on an optics ready gun. I'm not saying the all fail. I don't think CZ will ever offer the TS line in optics ready models. Not enough interest at this time. 

Not to hijack this thread but I read that CZ-UB is selling Shadow 2 Orange optic ready. CZ-USA says there are no palns to bring it to the states. Foolish in my view.

55 minutes ago, Warrior75 said:

Alot of people prefer to have a direct mount. Instead of have to use a plate. Another potential failure point with a plate on an optics ready gun. I'm not saying the all fail. I don't think CZ will ever offer the TS line in optics ready models. Not enough interest at this time. 

I heard mix of 50/50 of preference. I havent experienced any issues but I have seen both Direct Mounts and Plates sear off during course of fire or while theyre at the safe table trying to mount it etc

On 3/13/2024 at 5:57 AM, pcar157 said:

Not to hijack this thread but I read that CZ-UB is selling Shadow 2 Orange optic ready. CZ-USA says there are no palns to bring it to the states. Foolish in my view.

Incredibly foolish. Baffling, really.