Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

barrel reaming for Czechmate

pbstar06

as the title says I'm hoping to find a member who is capable of performing barrel reaming for my Czechmate to 1.650 OAL for major loads.

I reached out to patriot defense as a recent search led me there. but they stated they require a dummy load, and I do not own a reloading tool to facilitate that request.

If someone could point me in the direction of a competent smith with the ability to ream the barrels for me to the spec above I would greatly appreciate it.

11 minutes ago, BRuss said:

1) You probably mean 1.165"

2) You are going to need to know the projectile profile since ogive affects what plunks at what oal.

You're Correct, I did mean to type 1.165"

the ammo profile is going to be hard for me to supply, as I'm planning on using the Black Dot 124gr Major load sold on the web, but currently have not bought any. and even if I ordered some id be stuck having to mail someone a live round 

You might be able to ask Black Dot to send you dummy rounds, but their projectiles do look like Montana Gold 124gr JHP.

Edited by BRuss
Guessing on projectile.

1 hour ago, BRuss said:

You might be able to ask Black Dot to send you dummy rounds, but their projectiles do look like Montana Gold 124gr JHP.

I just sent them a message asking this.

Have you thought about picking up a reamer and doing it yourself? They’re $85 from Brownells. 

I had new Czechmate that I needed to have the chamber reamed for Black Dot and was able to do it by hand fairly easy just going slow and following some videos off YouTube. 

If you want to try your hand at doing it yourself I’ll happily throw it in the mail to you if you can wait till next week. 

Edited by RandTow

I was looking for the same thing but instead bought a reamer and did it on my own.  I bought the reamer from Brownell's.  But if you still want some dummy rounds, I have 124gr Montana gold bullets and could put some together. 

Memhis Mechanic, a member here, did both of my Czechmate barrels and did a great job.  I sent several profiles of bullets seated to the correct OAL so he could verify his work - no powder or primer.  The difference in profiles can be pretty dramatic.  

Ok sorry for the late replies.

I just got back from Steel challenge today and someone had a Montana gold loaded to 1.165 OAL and gave me one!!

Granted it is live... is there someone who would be willing to work with that and ream the chamber to use that round profile? If not I understand completely.

If so I'd be willing to ship the two barrels this week.

Thankyou again for everyone's input

Sent you a message

On 3/2/2024 at 4:11 PM, pbstar06 said:

Ok sorry for the late replies.

I just got back from Steel challenge today and someone had a Montana gold loaded to 1.165 OAL and gave me one!!

Granted it is live... is there someone who would be willing to work with that and ream the chamber to use that round profile? If not I understand completely.

If so I'd be willing to ship the two barrels this week.

Thankyou again for everyone's input

On 2/29/2024 at 7:16 PM, philmadxx said:

Memhis Mechanic, a member here, did both of my Czechmate barrels and did a great job.  I sent several profiles of bullets seated to the correct OAL so he could verify his work - no powder or primer.  The difference in profiles can be pretty dramatic.  

Thanks all! I got ahold of Memphis and  I've got a plan with him to get this work done. I appreciate everyone's help 🙏