Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Holster for Walther PDP Steel Frame Match or 4.5"?

Walli

I just ordered a BDS.  I really like their video demonstrating the locking mechanism.  I have the other two as well.

I believe GX holsters makes a PDP SF holster but you're going to wait for it!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2024 at 5:52 PM, WxGuy said:

BDS is the bomb!  I've never had a pistol come out of a holster that easily!!!

BDS Carnivore Competition Holster.GIF

If someone like Align Tactical or thumb rest [generic] USA creates a thumb rest to replace the takedown lever, will it clear or is there enough room to modify the holster for one to fit? 

Please post a pic of a top down view with and without the gun inside. 

On 3/17/2024 at 8:08 PM, szhttm said:

Black Scorpion Gear now has holsters for the PDP Steel Frame pistols:

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!

😎

Why do you keep spamming the forum with Black Scorpion Gear??? You already posted this.

On 3/12/2024 at 7:35 PM, telligentgunner said:

If someone like Align Tactical or thumb rest [generic] USA creates a thumb rest to replace the takedown lever, will it clear or is there enough room to modify the holster for one to fit? 

Please post a pic of a top down view with and without the gun inside. 

It’s gonna depend on the shape of the takedown lever. I have the Shadow 2 holster but I wouldnt be worried about any rigidity issues if I had to dremel out a pocket between the mount holes. The material is very strong.

PDP3.jpg

Edited by tt350z

On 3/27/2024 at 10:55 AM, tt350z said:

I wouldn't be worried about any rigidity issues if I had to dremel out a pocket between the mount holes. The material is very strong.

That's what I was thinking.

Edited by telligentgunner

Did your holster need a break in?  I just got mine in today and it’s really tight, gun isn’t dropping out even if you shake it around with the retention screw completely removed.  Wondering if I just got a bad one because unlocked they just drop right out in videos I’ve seen.  

16 hours ago, DAVID559 said:

Did your holster need a break in?  I just got mine in today and it’s really tight, gun isn’t dropping out even if you shake it around with the retention screw completely removed.  Wondering if I just got a bad one because unlocked they just drop right out in videos I’ve seen.  

Is the issue the holster body or the locking mechanism?

Holster body, called this morning and they just had me send them pictures of the inside.  Possible the coating is too thick in spots.  It seems like it will wear in but excessively there’s lots of spots you can see wearing when holstering.  The rails, take down lever and slide release are all building up material on them if you holster it several times.  

update, they got back to me that after mine a couple others had a problem and something was off on the calibration with a new machine.  Sending me out a new shell.   

Hey are you able to verify this on your holster.   So in my pictures you can see the channel where the takedown lever goes into.  The screw that goes in that channel is protruding further than the holster does.  The rest of the screws have a deep cutout to go into but this one does not so it contacts the takedown lever and is wearing the finish off already from trying to use it.  As you can see there’s contact points wearing in several places on the holster.   Other than that screw could take some sand paper to it but don’t know how I could deepen that spot for the screw.  Can you check if your screw is deeper into the holster?  

https://imgur.com/a/gz3nqEB

Edited by DAVID559

On 3/24/2024 at 3:51 PM, telligentgunner said:

Why do you keep spamming the forum with Black Scorpion Gear??? You already posted this.

The first post was for the regular PDP.  The one you replied on was for the newer steel frame version.

Good Luck and Be Safe!!!

😎