Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primary Arms GLx RS15 red dot released... with C-More footprint

mreed911

I'd been waiting on this since the announcement last year to see what Primary would be able to deliver.  I expected being a larger dot it would have a larger footprint, but C-More?  Sure, there's the Romeo3 / 3XL, but it's a strange decision as it's not a typical plate/cut option for optics.

https://www.primaryarms.com/primary-arms-glx-rs15-mini-reflex-sight-acss-vulcan-dot-reticle

Even with the Vulcan reticle I'm not very excited about a 3 MOA dot, either.  At least that's $300 I won't be spending.  :)

1 hour ago, sandflea316 said:

Yeah i wish the dot was 6 moa or 8.

But i do like the Vulcan reticle with the dot instead of the chevron.

Still debating if i should pick one up

What would you put it on?  The only thing I have currently with a C-More RTS plate (which I'm not sure is the right fit) is an MOS Glock.  The AOS plates for Prodigy don't seem to have a C-More variant.  For Staccato, you'd need CMore's RTS2 plate.

Looks like a big window.  3moa means good for pistols, rifles, and shotguns, so taking advantage of the largest market share possible  is probably why 3moa.

21 hours ago, mreed911 said:

What would you put it on?  The only thing I have currently with a C-More RTS plate (which I'm not sure is the right fit) is an MOS Glock.  The AOS plates for Prodigy don't seem to have a C-More variant.  For Staccato, you'd need CMore's RTS2 plate.

Have an open gun with a Romeo3Max.  Have another open gun with an extra frame mount with that footprint as well.

This looks interesting. I don't think I'd use it for competition guns over a Romeo3 or RTS2.

I have two 407k ACSS, which uses a smaller compact footprint. The smaller housing fits nice on a thin CZ SP-01 and another on a P-01. I choose that optic for more defensive purposes and have been satisfied.

I tried the 507c ACSS (RMR footprint) on my open gun but ditched it due to the chevron reticle. My profile pic shows that optic. I now use a Romeo 3 Max which is 30mm wide. The Romeo3 XL is 35mm wide. This PA offering is 26x20mm according to the manual.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2024 at 11:14 AM, Dr Mitch said:

Looks like a big window.  3moa means good for pistols, rifles, and shotguns, so taking advantage of the largest market share possible  is probably why 3moa.

This is exactly why they make the small dots. Competition pistols are VERY small percentage of their market. On the other hand, we cater to the competition shooting market and offer 6, 8, 10 and 12 MOA. Once you go to a bigger dot, you will not go back to smaller ones. The larger dot is brighter, easier to pickup and easier to track under recoil. You also get a crisp dot instead of turning up a small dot and causing it to flare/starburst.