Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Exporting data from LabRadar?

Hi, I've had a LabRadar for several years now, and used to just copy series off of LabRadar SD card to my Mac computer. IIRC, they were CVS files that I could read with Excel.

With the updates that allow control of the LabRadar with an app, I now use the app when taking measurements. I have version 2.6.0 - 2023-12-06 of the app, running on iPhone (iOS).

From what I can tell, it seems like the measurements are transferred to the phone, and appear to be removed from the SD card (or never are placed there), as my SD card LDR directory is empty, I see messages about transfer of series, when I start the app.

The question is, how do I get these measurements onto my Mac?

I cannot seem to figure out how to export the data. Under settings there is an Exported Data item, but it says there are no exported series.

Can anyone advise?

Also, when using the app, I can press the "arm" button on the LabRadar, to start recording for a series. When I look at the phone, I see there is a button to disarm the LabRadar. Is there a similar "arm" button on the app?  I can create a new series, but see no way to arm from the app. Is that expected?

Thanks!

I do not think there is a way to Arm the unit from your phones app.

I going to play with mine in a minute and Ill check it out, whats frustrating for me is changing the weight of the bullet.

I went to the range Friday and tested some 200gr bullets vs 230gr and I would like the app to ask me what grain bullet im using.

All I do is type in the FPS into a spreadsheet I made and it calculates the PF for me

I run a Mac and read the sd card. Usually I bring up numbers ( apple excel eq.) then open up the drive with the lab radar, get the csv file that I am interested and drag and drop it into the number app icon in the bar.  Then it will import the data and a small window will appear in numbers about the format. I click on that and select the ; as the field separator .  Then the format is now a lot more readable.

then import my own calls for avg fps at 10yards power factor calc and if the calculated pf qualifies as major or minor

3BA90945-115C-40BE-A9AE-8CCC331ECE73.png

1 hour ago, JoeMKY said:

I run a Mac and read the sd card. Usually I bring up numbers ( apple excel eq.) then open up the drive with the lab radar, get the csv file that I am interested and drag and drop it into the number app icon in the bar.  Then it will import the data and a small window will appear in numbers about the format. I click on that and select the ; as the field separator .  Then the format is now a lot more readable.

then import my own calls for avg fps at 10yards power factor calc and if the calculated pf qualifies as major or minor

3BA90945-115C-40BE-A9AE-8CCC331ECE73.png

That's what I used to do, but now, I'm using the LabRadar app on my phone. I lets me see the series on my phone with max/min/ave fps, PF, std dev, spread, and each shot data. However, I think the app uploads the data from the LabRadar, as there is nothing on the card now.

I'd like to get the data off the app and into a spreadsheet on my Mac, but I cannot see how to do that.

2 hours ago, shred said:

The Android app lets you arm and disarm from a phone or tablet.  Seems odd iOS wouldn't let you.

Indeed. I see the ability to DISARM, if armed, but to ARM I have to press the button on the LabRadar. Not a big deal, but odd.

I use the Android app and have been able to export data via an email file. 

Go to Settings pick Export data.

When that page opens it says "No exported series". Up in the right hand corner pick the "+" sign and the list of series comes up.

Pick the series you want to export and it creates a zip file of it and gives you options to export. Here I choose email and it attaches it to an email.

I can also Arm and Disarm from my phone app and doing that starts another series too.

I have to say I'm pretty happy with the new version of firmware they pushed for these units but seeing they came with a new unit I doubt there'll be any future support for this model. We'll see.

Ah! I didn’t notice the plus sign on that export page! Thanks.

For some reason, I don’t see an arm button, when I create a new series.

I’ll have to check the FW version on my unit too and make sure it is the latest (and hope to update if not).

11 minutes ago, PaleoMan said:

Ah! I didn’t notice the plus sign on that export page! Thanks.

For some reason, I don’t see an arm button, when I create a new series.

I’ll have to check the FW version on my unit too and make sure it is the latest (and hope to update if not).

I don't even touch the unit after start it, just control it from my phone. If it's available you can't miss the Arm button on the phone, it's a long red button that says Arm or Disarm depending on which mode you're in. May be the Android version?

Labradar just released the new firmware a few months ago and I updated mine. Wasn't that difficult. 

It really would be handy if Labradar would put out some instructions on the use of the app instead of users just pushing buttons to see what happens. 

IS there an easy way to change the weight of the bullet? Using the phone app

Friday I tested 14 loads and 2 of them were different weights then the rest, I ended up leaving the unit on 200gr and did the math for the 230s when I got home

13 minutes ago, DukeSoprano said:

IS there an easy way to change the weight of the bullet? Using the phone app

Friday I tested 14 loads and 2 of them were different weights then the rest, I ended up leaving the unit on 200gr and did the math for the 230s when I got home

I remember seeing that option on the phone and setting it but can't remember exactly where and when it came up. When I get a chance I'll set it up and look for it and make a note. 

OK. I had firmware 1.2.7. updated to 2.0.0.

I was able to upload the series data, by doing the export, and clicking + symbol.

The arming/disarming is weird.  If I arm with the LabRadar, I see a disarm button on the app and can then arm/disarm/arm...

If I create a new series on the app, from when I see the arm/disarm button on a previous series, the app creates a new series and the Arm button is seen. But, if I go back to Series menu and re-pick the newly created series, or any existing series, there is no arm button.

Also, if I select a different series from the app, the LabRadar is still showing latest series I had created. Changing a series on the app, doesn't update the LabRadar.

For example, I created a series, pressed arm on the LabRadar and I see disarm on the app. If I disarm and then press the plus sign, I get a new series and arm is shown. If I got back to series list and then reenter that series #2, there is no arm button. If I go to series #1, the LabRadar is still at series 2.

This was just testing the unit at home, without recording any shots.

If you are using an Iphone. You can find the arm/disarm on the LAST SHOT menu. You create a new series and go to “Last Shot” so you arm/ disarm the Labradar on your Iphone

Mark S

Yeah, but it isn't always there. Once I arm the LabRadar unit, the DISARM appears,a can I can disarm/arm. But jsut navigating from the dashboard down to a series and the button doesn't appear, until I press the arm button on the LabRadar.  Really odd.

On 1/28/2024 at 7:57 PM, PaleoMan said:

I see the ability to DISARM, if armed, but to ARM I have to press the button on the LabRadar.

I use the iOS app with my iPhone and it has both Arm and Disarm on the app. I will state the app is not the most user friendly and takes moving around a bit to find this. If I did more chrono work I would switch to the new Garmin. Everything I read and see about it is far more user friendly than the LabRadar set up.