Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&W warranty work for cylinder?

Forgetful

Has anyone tried to send their Smith 8 shot back for warranty work, specifically to get a new cylinder due to the locking notches peened/worn down too much?

I'm having much luck buying them separately

In the 1st year of shooting my 627, I sent back one of my early 627s when Tom Kelly was the there for a broken trigger pin. 

The RA came right away and it only took 2 weeks to get it back. I still believe all warranty work requires the entire gun back.

Depends what day it is and who you talk to. I have purchased 8 shot cylinders and stars after I purchased I told 2 of my friends and they called and purchased. Later on someone else asked and I told them to call and they were told that cylinders and stars were not sold to the public. Go figure 😁

14 hours ago, revoman said:

Depends what day it is and who you talk to. I have purchased 8 shot cylinders and stars after I purchased I told 2 of my friends and they called and purchased. Later on someone else asked and I told them to call and they were told that cylinders and stars were not sold to the public. Go figure 😁

^^^  This.  S&W sold one to me along with the 8 shot cylinder and all other cylinder parts.  I do not have a FFL.