Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PDP Match Steel Frame Magwell and Mag Extensions

WxGuy

I just had an "Uh Oh" moment with my new SF. NONE of my extended 141.25mm USPSA mag extensions fit in the stock SF magwell! This is both Henning and Taylor Freelance extensions. They all fit in the poly frame w/magwell just fine.  What are you guys who have this gun running?  I was hoping for magazine compatibility while shooting it in Limited Optics.  If you have found a solution, please share!

Thanks in advance!

Edited by WxGuy

Update:

I tried swapping out the magwells, TF to the steel frame.  Not compatible.

Another surprise was the Henning basepads do not work in the gun with the magwell off!  I have an original Henning without the extra tabs for over insertion I can try.

I found the TF basepads work without the magwell on.

Back of magwell.GIF

Henning does not fit PDP SF-no magwell.GIF

TF ext basepad fits the gun-no magwell.GIF

Edited by WxGuy

Walther Forum members,

FYI, Henning just started selling the new "PDS" magazine extension for the Steel Frame. Grey and black available now with more color offerings coming soon.
Have fun!

I'm waiting on the "blue" ones to show up then order with the MBX follower/spring package.  Henning items are good juju!!!

I have 2 ZRTS basepads and they work in the magwell.  With the two very tiny set screws, they are not clean-friendly in between stages.

Edited by WxGuy

So i tried the new magwells from henning with mbx spring and follower and didnt fit 

I just ordered the ZR +4 and lets hope they do fit. 

Any suggestions on base pads ?

I know with this new magwell the fit is super tight 

Here ya go!  I have been able to fit 24 rounds using the MBX follower and spring.  With the ZRTS spring and stock Walther follower, nets 22 rounds.

I don't want to buy another magwell for this gun.  I'm sure someone is going to make one.  

If you run IDPA, the LOK 18 round baepad fits in the box with this magwell.

This combination does fit the USPSA magazine length gauge.  Limited Optics here we come!!!

ZRTactical basepad 1.GIF

ZRTactical basepad 2.GIF

SF in IDPA box and LOK basepad.GIF

Edited by WxGuy

Sweet configuration. Grip, mag release, base pads. 
Thanks for the photos. 
Like you said. Im just buying two zr basepads and keeping the 2 - 20 rounders that came with the walther until vendor come with new accessories. 
Also ordered the makloks. The version that you have and the thin one 1911 style to try them out. 
Mag release also on the way from Earls. And some sprinco ignition kit plus the recoil rod ( yellow spring). 
hope this will replace my sig for LO. 
Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

My friend in town said yes to the TTI versatiles working in the SF magwell.  We have another option!  And to add to that, LOK is working on an extension for the SF magwell too.

TTI website doesn't indicate that versatile extensions fit in 140 mm gauge with Walther mags. The description says 140 is OK with Beretta, SIG 226, or Canik mags but doesn't say so for Walther or 365 Macro. Anybody checked that with the gauge?

6 hours ago, WxGuy said:

I just texted khaotic and he said yes to the TTI fitting in the gauge.

See attached screen shot of

email from TTI

Screenshot_20240304_104528_Outlook.jpg

I put the TTI versatile basepads on a mag and took off the magwell to test over-insertion.  If you press up and release the slide, it locks open.  This means the basepads allow over-insertion of the magazine feed lips.  This is the same problem I had with a Canik Rival-S, which has now been fixed by Canik in newer models. 

If someone doesn't care and wants 4 flat black TTI basepads and springs, message me.