Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix Trinity Parts Shipping Costs

Hey guys, took about a year and a half off of shooting due to life happening. Just getting back in the flow of things and went to order an optics plate from PT to try out limited optics this coming season. 

when I went to check out, PT is charging $25.50 for shipping and a 4% CC fee for only an optics plate. This price seemed crazy to me based on the size and weight of the product so I called and asked if there were other options and was told no except that I could purchase and send in my own label. 

So, for those of you who order stuff from them are you sending in your own shipping label or are these new prices or something? Or am I just overreacting to the 25% cost to ship a couple oz of aluminum? 

IMG_1052.thumb.png.fe79346b2e526d3f482dbf654711549a.png

Edited by looking4reloadingdeals

15 minutes ago, dapribek said:

Not good, I’d buy it somewhere else.  

Tried looking elsewhere but the only thing i could find was one for $190, but with free shipping haha. 

edit: and someone selling uncoated plates they seem to be making in their garage on eBay 

Edited by looking4reloadingdeals

UPS and FedEx rates have gotten pretty stupid. You may want to go on the UPS website and see how much it would cost to ship that weight item and compare to what PT is charging you ($25). Seems only the big boys get a discount from the shippers.

Last week I sent a large photo in a flattened cardboard box USPS from NC to NY. Weighed less than 1 lb, cost over $15 and took 4 days. They aren't any better and much less reliable. 

Another school of thought.  In a business having a shipping department is not free.  All the materials to ship the products that you order are not free.  The shipping cost with USPS, UPS, and FEDEX along with insurance is not free.  Who pays for it.  The customer.

With most companies it is called shipping and handling.  This includes things like paying for employees that fulfill the picking and packaging, then doing the shipping/labeling, and coordination with the shipping companies when they arrive to pick up the daily loads out and packages coming in.  Everything is going up exponentially.  If the company is to stay in business then they CANNOT lose money when they ship products to customers.

This is the reality.  If you don't like paying $15.00 Shipping and handling for a recoil spring then order other consumable items you will use and then it evens out.  

Maybe business's should do a better job of showcasing the pricing as Shipping and Handling, and not just slapping a stamp on an envelope, but it is what it is.  

16 minutes ago, Maximis228 said:

This is 100% gouging on the price of shipping. That could be shipped in a small flat rate from USPS for $8. 

Companies breaking out credit card fees as a line item is also lame. Just factor it into the price of your goods. 

Also... waiting for Tiffany to come roaring into this thread with information to support PT. 

Haha you could probably fit 20+ of these into a flat rate box. I can understand if you get a deal from a shipping company to only offer one option, but it’s obviously not a good deal so it doesn’t totally make sense to me. So why not offer a couple different shipping options? I don’t know that iv ever bought something that didn’t have multiple shipping options (shooting company or otherwise) except maybe bullets where USPS flat rate was the only option. I kind of assumed it was a website issue where it wasn’t offering different shipping options and that’s why I called before posting. 

On the side of PT, I have never had a problem dealing with them until now. Every time I have called they have been nothing but helpful and quick to do so. I have spoken with Tiffany personally multiple times and the same thing applies directly to her. This is rubbing me the wrong way though. 

8 minutes ago, DougCarden said:

Another school of thought.  In a business having a shipping department is not free.  All the materials to ship the products that you order are not free.  The shipping cost with USPS, UPS, and FEDEX along with insurance is not free.  Who pays for it.  The customer.

With most companies it is called shipping and handling.  This includes things like paying for employees that fulfill the picking and packaging, then doing the shipping/labeling, and coordination with the shipping companies when they arrive to pick up the daily loads out and packages coming in.  Everything is going up exponentially.  If the company is to stay in business then they CANNOT lose money when they ship products to customers.

This is the reality.  If you don't like paying $15.00 Shipping and handling for a recoil spring then order other consumable items you will use and then it evens out.  

Maybe business's should do a better job of showcasing the pricing as Shipping and Handling, and not just slapping a stamp on an envelope, but it is what it is.  

Doug, I totally understand that logic behind it, but why is every other company able to ship much much larger and heavier objects for 1/2 the cost? (Yes I understand PT is not doing the volume other retailers are which helps lower the cost)
But why are they not able to offer a small flat rate box for $10? $7 for the shipping and $3 for the handling. Or, use pirateship/stamps.com where the price to ship is only $5. 
This price just does not make sense for the object being shipped. And they didn’t seem to have any interest in helping me figure it out

Yes, I bought a $100 slide stop thumb rest from them middle of last year. $25 to ship a tiny piece of metal and a CC fee.

image.png.bf100a33a1db0ba67158586edb89a255.png

I do a lot of buying/selling online and the USPS label for something like that in a soft padded envelope would cost like $3 through pirateship.

• ChuckS locked this topic